Seeed Studio is now selling the “A203 Mini PC” industrial Linux mini PC based on an NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX module with 8GB RAM, and a 128GB SSD loaded with JetPack 5.0.2 (Ubuntu 20.04).
If the name is familiar it’s because it is based on the Leetop A203 carrier board introduced about a year ago, with HDMI, two USB 3.0 ports, RS232, and other I/Os. The mini PC also offers Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity, and is designed to operate in the -20°C to 80°C temperature range for embedded, industrial, and functional safety applications.
A203 mini PC specifications:
- System-on-Module – NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX with hexa-core Armv8 processor, 384-core Volta GPU, 8K/4K video decoder and 4K video encoder, up to 21 TOPS of AI performance, and 8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage – 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD, MicroSD slot
- Display – HDMI 2.0 Type-A port up to 4Kp60
- Camera – 1x MIPI CSI connector (internal on carrier board)
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 connector; WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 Key-E socket, two external antennas
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports, 1x Micro USB port
- Serial – 1x RS232, 1x CAN bus
- M.2 Key-E socket fitted with a wireless module for WiFi & Bluetooth
- M.2 Key-M socket fitted with NVMe SSD
- I2C connector
- Internal 40-pin GPIO header
- Misc – RTC header; heatsink and fan for cooling
- Power Supply – 9V to 19V DC Input @ 3A via 2-pin connector (But the marking on the enclosure shows 9V-20V supply voltage range)
- Dimensions – 100 x 44 x 59 mm (Aluminum enclosure)
- Certifications – FCC, CE, RoHS
The A203 Linux mini PC is mostly designed for industrial Edge AI applications with the JetPack 5.0.2 SDK and the 21 TOPS AI acceleration provided by the Jetson Xavier NX module. The SDK facilitates the development of AI solutions for manufacturing, logistics, retail, service, agriculture, smart city, healthcare, life sciences, and more like on other Jetson hardware.
The main benefits compared to the NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX developer kit are the presence of a 128GB SSD, RS232 and CAN Bus connectors, RTC support, and a wide supply voltage range. Seeed Studio sells the A203 mini PC for $858 with shipping scheduled to start by October 24. It’s unclear whether accessories such as a power supply and cables are included.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.