AAEON PICO-V2K4-SEMI mini PC, powered by an AMD Ryzen Embedded V2516 or V2718 processor, can drive up to three 4K displays, offers 2.5GbE and GbE networking, several USB 3.2 ports, as well as two optional COM ports supporting RS232, RS422, and RS485.
The first mini PC from the company featuring AMD Ryzen V2000 Series processors also comes with up to 32GB RAM, a 64GB NVMe SSD, as well as M.2 and mPCIe sockets for expansion, and its compact form factor makes it suitable for edge computing, embedded gaming, and image processing applications.
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processor (one or the other)
- Ryzen V2718 octa-core/16-thread processor @ up to 1.7-4.15 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon RX Vega 7 GPU; TDP: 10-25W
- Ryzen V2516 hexa-core/12-thread processor @ up to 2.1-3.95 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon RX Vega 6 GPU; TDP: 10-25W
- System Memory – 8GB to 32GB LPDDR4x 3733 MHz
- Up to 64GB on-board NVMe (PCIe x2) SSD
- 1x SATA 3.0 port plus 5V SATA power connector
- M.2 Key M socket for NVMe SSD (See Expansion section)
- Display I/F
- 1x HDMI 2.0b port up to 4Kp60
- 1x HDMI 1.4 port up to 4Kp30
- USB Type C port with DP Alt. mode
- Up to 3 simultaneous displays
- Audio – Optional Realtek ALC269 HD audio codec with Line-out
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel i226
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel i210
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C port
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports
- Optional 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Serial – 2x optional RS232/422/485 COM ports
- M.2 2280 M-key socket with PCIe Gen3 x4 by default, SATA selected by BIOS
- Full-size mini PCIe socket with 1x PCIe x1/USB2.0 by default, mSATA selected by HW BOM
- 1x SMBUS/I2C with SMBUS by default, I2C selected by HW BOM
- Optional 8-bit DIO connector
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – UEFI BIOS with Wake-on-LAN support, Watchdog timer; HDD LED, PWR LED, Power Button, Buzzer, Reset button
- Power Supply – +12V AT/ATX via lockable DC jack
- Power Consumption
- Typical: 4.24A @ 12 V
- Max: 4.84A @ with Ryzen Embedded V2718, 32GB LPDDR4x
- Dimensions – Mini PC: 122 x 80.8 x 54 mm; SBC: 100 x 72 mm (Pico-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 380 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C to 50°C; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF – 407,784 hours
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON provides support for Windows 10 64-bit and Ubuntu 20.04.3 with Linux 5.11 kernel. If the specifications look familiar, it’s because the mini PC is based on the PICO-V2K2 Pico-ITX SBC introduced by the company a few months ago.
The PICO-V2K4-SEMI mini PC is now in mass production and pricing depends on the SKU and options with two standard models listed on the company’s store:
- PICO-V2K4-SEMI (Ryzen V2516) mini PC with 8GB RAM for $1,100
- PICO-V2K4-SEMI (Ryzen V2718) mini PC with 16GB RAM for $1,390
Further information may be found on the product page and the press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
4 Replies to “AMD Ryzen Embedded V2516/V2718 mini PC supports three 4K displays, 2.5GbE, RS232/RS422/RS485”
A lockable DC power jack! Such a simple thing to prevent accidents, but so few manufacturers adopt it.
Man, I do enjoy the articles you write, covering new tech.
I think it’s mega overpriced
Yes but any complete system with an AMD Embedded Vxxxx series is in this price range.
Bare bones mobos (no memory, no storage) with an AMD Embedded Vxxxx series starts at $500 minimum.
The customers for these solutions are not individuals but integrators and industrial corporations including medical applications.
They are ready to pay these prices because (a) They get discounts if they buy “by the palette” (b) The professional services and availability to buy more are usually guaranteed for 10 years.
For individuals who want to achieve the same results go with an APU and reduce PL and voltages to achieve similar low power consumption.