RAKwireless “All-in-One 5G” is a programmable 64-bit Ubuntu indoor device that integrates AGW (access gateway) through a Raspberry Pi CM4 as well as 5G and 4G LTE cellular and LoRaWAN connectivity.
The device is powered through its 2.5GbE PoE++ port and designed for private 5G networks for industrial automation, public safety, and transportation, and RAKwireless says you can also “start earning cryptocurrency by providing LTE cellular and LoRa coverage”, but I could not find details about monetization at this time.
RAKwireless “All-in-One 5G” specifications:
- SoM (AGW) – Raspberry Pi CM4 system-on-module with Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 processor with 4GB RAM and 32 eMMC flash, WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- 5G/4G cellular connectivity
- LTE Mode- TDD
- Frequency Bands – Band 48 (3550 MHz to 3700 MHz); band N78 is also supported for global coverage
- Channel Bandwidth5/10/15/20 MHz
- Max TX Power – 24 dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity – -100 dBm
- Built-in 2-port Omni Antenna with 5 ± 1 dBi gain, 2×2 MIMO
- GPS synchronization; GPS with internal antenna (and supporting a switch to external antenna)
- Up to 64x 5G devices connected at the same time, or 32x 4G LTE devices
- Operating Frequency- US915 (902 MHz~928 MHz)
- Channel Bandwidth – 125/500 kHz
- Max TX Power- 27 dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity – -139 dBm (SF12)
- Built-in Omni Antenna with 1.5 ± 0.5 dBi gain
- Networking – 2.5GbE RJ45 port with PoE++ ( 802.3bt)
- USB – 1x Type-C USB 3.0 port
- Misc – One pairing button, tricolor LED
- Power Supply – PoE ++(IEEE 802.3bt Standard)
- Power Consumption – M310:30W (MAX)
- Dimensions – TBD
- Temperature Range – Operating: -5°C to +45°C; storage: -10°C to +50°C
- Humidity- 5% to 95% RH
- Atmospheric pressure – 70 kPa to 106 kPa
- IP Rating – IP30
The system supports Web management, SSH2, OTA firmware updates, LoRa Packet Forwarder mode, OpenVPN, MQTT Bridge, and more. The kit ships with the device itself, a desk stand, a wall mount bracket, a PoE module, a power cord, a GPS antenna, a user manual, two 3M Ethernet cables, and a set of screws. It can also integrate with cloud-native core networks like AWS and Monogoto.
Additional information may be found on the documentation website. RAKwireless “All-in-One 5G” can be purchased now for $3,499 (8% off with coupon XUO54T). You’ll find more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
There is an add to cart button…and the price is 3499$ + shipping …
Oops. I’m not sure how I missed that part.
I knew RPI shortages had raised prices, but is that with a RPI 4 ? 🤔🙂🤐
The expensive part is whatever they use as the 5G “base station” module.