AAEON EPIC-ADS7-PUC is an embedded system based on an up to 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700E Alder Lake-S processor and designed for robotics, automation, and healthcare imaging applications.
The embedded computer supports up to 32GB DDR5 and two SATA III storage devices, offers three 4K video outputs via HDMI and DisplayPort connectors, one 2.5GbE and three Gigabit Ethernet ports, along with Intel TCC support, up to six USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, two RS232/422/4485 COM ports, and some SKUs support Intel Time Coordinated Computing (TCC) for real-time control.
- SoC – Intel Core Alder Lake-S processor, up to the 12-core (8P+4E) Core i7-12700E processor clocked at up to 4.8 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 770; TDP: 65W
- Chipset – Intel 600 Series Desktop Chipset (R680E/Q670E/H610E)
- System Memory – Up to 32GB DDR5 4800 via 2x SODIMM socket (16GB max each)
- Storage – 2x SATA 3 with +5V onboard SATA power connector
- Video Output
- 2x DisplayPort 1.4a up to 3840×2160
- 1x HDMI 2.1 up to 3840×2160
- Up to 3x simultaneous, independent displays
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel I211AT controllers (No PXE & active LED function support)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel I219LM controller
- 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel I225LM controller
- Optional wireless and/or cellular modules via M.2 sockets and SIM card slot
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports
- Up to 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports
- 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Serial – 2x RS232/422/485 COM ports (DB9)
- 1x M.2 3052 B-Key socket (PCIe 3.0 [x1] + USB 3.0 or PCIe [x2] only)
- 1x M.2 2280 M-Key socket (PCIe 4.0 [x4])
- 1x M.2 2230 E-Key socket (PCIe 3.0 [x1] + USB 2.0)
- 3-pin TCC (Intel Time Coordinated Computing) terminal block
- 8-bit DIO connector
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, UEFI BIOS with Wake on LAN (I219LM and I225LM only), Watchdog Timer
- Power Supply – 12V DC via screw connector; AT/ATX type
- Power Consumption (Typical) with Core i7-12700E CPU + R680E Chipset
- Peak: +12V @ 18.15A, 217.8W during 100% loading test
- Steady State: +12V @ 11.15A, 133.8W
- Dimensions – 260 x 160 x 55 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 50°C with 0.5 m/s airflow; storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF – 380,264 hours
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A, LVD
The EPIC-ADS7-PUC Alder Lake-S embedded system ships with two SATA cables, two SATA power cables, two CPU cooler backplates, screws, thermal pads, and an accessories kit. Note that some of the features in the specifications depend on the selected chips with R680E offering the most options.
AAEON provides drivers for Windows 10/11 64-bit and Ubuntu 20.04.3, and you’ll also find a download link for the BIOS, a datasheet, and a user manual on the product page. The EPIC-ADS7-PUC is in mass production and pricing depends on the specific SKU and options.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.