Seeed Studio’s reTerminal DM is an upgrade to the Raspberry Pi CM4-powered reTerminal with a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen display and a greater range of features and interfaces for various industrial applications.
Described as a “Panel PC, HMI, PLC, IIoT Gateway all-in-one device”, the new reTerminal DM notably supports 12V-24V variable DC input and optionally PoE power input, its front panel is rated IP65 for protection against liquids and dust, a range of wired and wireless connectivity options are offered, and it also includes some serial and digital input and output interfaces.
reTerminal DM specifications:
- SoM – Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 with Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 processor @ 1.5 GHz, up to 8GB RAM, up to 32GB flash
- Storage – Optional M.2 NVMe SSD via M.2 2280 Key-M slot
- Display – 10.1-inch display with 1280 x 800 resolution, 10-point capacitive touchscreen 400-nit brightness, 170° H/V viewing angle
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- Camera I/F – Optional 2-lane MIPI CSI inteface
- 2x microphone
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Up to 3x Gigabit Ethernet ports with optional PoE support
- 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 BLE (on Raspberry Pi CM4 module)
- Optional 4G LTE and/or LoRaWAN via mini PCIe sockets
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 2x optional USB 3.0 Type-A ports
- RS-485 terminal block, optional RS-485 DB9 connector
- RS-232 terminal block, optional RS-232 DB9 connector
- CAN Bus terminal block
- Sensor – IR light sensor
- 4x digital inputs via terminal block
- 4x digital outputs via terminal block
- 40-pin header (inside)
- Security – ATECC608A
- Misc – Reboot switch, RTC, watchdog
- Power Supply
- 12-24V via 2-pin terminal block
- Optional 12.95W PoE
- Power Consumption – Typ: 6W, max: 9W
- Dimensions – 259.4 x 191 x 42.2 mm
- Weight – 1.8 kg
- Ingress protection rating – IP65 for the front panel
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10 to 50°C; storage: -20 to 70°C
- Humidity – 10 to 95% RH
- Certifications – CE, FCC, UCKA, RoHS, Telec, REACH
Panel, VESA, and DIN Rail mounting options are offered, and we can find a fair amount of optional features in the specifications because Seeed Studio can customize the design upon request. On the software side, the new HMI controller runs Raspberry Pi OS or SenseCraft Sense OS with “a natively integrated Node-RED for flow-based editing and one-click deployment” compatible with all software that runs on the Raspberry Pi. More details to get started can be found in the wiki.
Samples of the reTerminal DM can be purchased for $409.00 plus shipping on the Seeed Studio website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.