AAEON BOXER-6406-ADN is a compact fanless embedded computer powered by the popular Intel Alder Lake-N family of processors with their the Processor N50, Processor N200, or Intel Atom x7211E SoC.
The mini PC comes with up to 32GB DDR5, supports M.2 NVMe SSDs and 2.5-inch SATA drives for storage, integrates two HDMI 2.0 video outputs and two 2.5GbE ports, and features specific to the embedded/industrial market such as three DB9 serial connectors (COM ports), one DB15 connector for digital I/Os, and a wide range 9V-36V DC input terminal block.
- Alder Lake-N SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom x7211E dual-core processor up to 3.2 GHz with 6MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD Graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Processor N50 dual-core processor up to 3.4 GHz with 6MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD Graphics; TDP: 6W
- Intel Processor N200 quad-core processor up to 3.7 GHz with 6MB cache, 32EU Intel HD graphics; TDP: 6W
- System Memory – Up to 32GB DDR5 4800 MHz via 1x SODIMM socket
- 1x M.2 2280 M-Key (PCIe Gen 3 x2) socket for NVMe SSD
- 2.5-inch SATA III HDD/SSD
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 2.0 ports
- 2x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports via Intel I226-LM controllers
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 socket
- Optional 4G/5G cellular connectivity via mini PCIe socket and SIM Slot
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Serial – 3x DB-9 connectors for RS-232/422/485
- M.2 2280 M-Key x 1 (PCIe [x2])
- M.2 2230 E-Key x 1
- Full-Size Mini Card x 1 (PCIe + USB)
- DB-15 connector for digital I/Os (8-channel)
- Misc – Power button with LED
- Power Supply
- 9V to 36V DC via 3-pin terminal block
- Over/under-voltage current protection, short-circuit protection.
- Dimensions – 186 x 104.6 x 49.1mm
- Weight – 1.16 kg
- Temperature Range
- Operating: -20°C ~ 60°C, according to IEC68-2 with 0.5 m/s AirFlow (w/ Industrial wide Temp. SSD/RAM)
- Storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Storage Humidity – 5 ~ 95% @ 40°C, non-condensing
- Anti-Vibration – 3 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz/ operation (with SSD)
- Anti-Shock – 50G, IEC 68-2-27, half sine, 11 ms duration (with SSD)
- Certification – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON provides support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, Windows 11 Pro, and Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) for the Alder Lake-N fanless embedded computer which the company expects to be found in Smart Factory applications such as automated guided vehicles (AGVs), edge gateways, and automated manufacturing.
AAEON sells samples of the BOXER-6406-ADN barebone model based on the Processor N50 CPU for $491 and the one powered by the Processor N200 CPU for $566. Both ship with two wall-mount brackets, a screw package, and a 3-pin DC-In power connector. More details, including a datasheet, a user manual, and download links for the BIOS and drivers for Windows and Linux, can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.