Acme Systems has announced availability of their Acqua A5 SoM with Atmel SAMA5D31 Cortex A5 micro-processor, up to 512 MB RAM, up to 256 MB Flash, a serial EEPROM, a micro SD card slot, and an Ethernet PHY. The module targets headless or LCD based system such as automation or control panels, and is available in commercial and extended temperature range.
- Processor – Atmel SAMA5D31 ARM Cortex-A5 MPU @ 536MHz
- System Memory – 256MByte DDR2 RAM @ 32 bit (optionally 512MB)
- Embedded micro SD hinge type holder for OS and data
- Optional 256 MB NAND flash
- Atmel AT24MAC402 – 2Kbit serial EEPROM
Connectivity – 10/100 Mbit Ethernet I/F (can be turned off for power saving)
- Three USB Host ports (one configurable as USB device)
- Connectors – 3x 50-pin connectors pitch 1.27 mm (50 mils)
- Signal accessible via connectors: (Check pinout for details)
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet phy
- RGB I/F @ 24 bit for LCD TFT + Resistive touch panel I/F
- Up to 3 TWI compatible I2C, up to 6 serial ports
- Up to 120 GPIOs
- Up to 6 PWM
- Up to 12 A/D @ 12 bit
- 3 USB Host, 1 USB device
- Up to 2 Memory Card interfaces
- ITU-R BT 601/656 image sensor interfaces
- Up to 2x SSC-I2S
- Battery input for internal RTC
- Debugging – JTAG soldering pads on SoM, serial port via SoM connectors
- Misc – 4x Status LEDs
- Power Supply – 3.3 volt DC
- Temperature Range – Commercial (-0 +70 °C) or Extended (-25 +85 °C)
- Dimensions – 53 x 53 mm
- Weight – 14g
For environments with lots of electromagnetic noise (e.g. DC motors), a metallic shield made by Wurth Elektronik is available as an option. They currently have a very basic baseboard called Berta A5 basic (9 Euros) with the three connectors for the SoM board, and breadboard area (2.54 pitch) for easier access to various signals. Another base board with relevant connectors (USB, LCD, Ethernet…) is also in the work.
The company also provides software documentation showing how to build Linux 3.10, generate an Embedded Debian Grip 7.3 root file system, as well as various tutorials. The board is software compatible with Atmel SAMA5D3 Xplained board, so the instructions to use the Yocto Project or Debian 7.4 should also work.
Acqua A5 SoM is available now for 49 to 69 Euros in single quantity depending on options, and as low as 37.24 Euros in 5K+ quantities. Various accessories (Micro SD cards preloaded with OS, connectors, power adapter…) are also available, You can find more information on Acme Systems Acqua A5 product page. The company is also working on an open source home automation project based on the SoM called OPEN yooquik, but this will probably be the subject of another post once it becomes available.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|