BQ launched the first Ubuntu phone to the market with Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition, but it felt quite low end with a 540 x 960 display and 8GB storage. They company has now announced another version with the same processor, but larger 5″ display with a higher resolution (720p) and 16GB storage.
- SoC – Quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.3 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 500 MHz (likely Mediatek MT6582)
- System memory – 1 GB
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC, microSD card (up to 32 GB)
- Display – 5″ IPS multi-touch screen (5-point); 1280 x 720 resolution
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Cellular Connectivity – 2G GSM (850/900/1800/1900), 3G HSPA+ (900/2100). Dual micro SIM.
- Audio – 3.5 mm headphone jack, microphone, Ambient noise cancellation,
- Camera – 5MP front-facing camera, 13MP rear camera with autofocus and dual flash
- USB – micro USB OTG port
- Sensors – Brightness sensor, Proximity sensor
- Misc – Notification LED
- Battery – 2500 mAh LiPo battery
- Dimensions – 142 x 71 x x 8.65 mm
- Weight – 134 grams
Many new products are either only available in the US or in China, but for once people living in the European Union, Switzerland, or Noraway can have bragging rights, as BQ Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition is only available for pre-order in these countries. Price? 199.90 Euros on BQ website. Shipping will start on June 22.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|