TBS Technologies is a company specializing in digital TV tuners, with their catalog includes various DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2 and ATSC tuner cards. They also happen to be the designer of Matrix board and Matrix 2 Android set-top box, both of which run Android or Linux and support some of the company’s tuners. But they also have higher end products such as MOI Pro AMD IPTV streamer based on an AMD Embedded G-Series processor, and supporting up to 4 tuner cards with up to 4 tuners each.
TBS MOI Pro AMD specifications:
- SoC – AMD GX-412HC quad core processor @ 1.2GHz with AMD Radeon HD GPU @ 300MHz (7W TDP)
- System Memory – 4GB DDR3-1333
- Storage – 30GB mSATA SSD, 1x SATA @ 6.0Gb/s,
- Video Output – 1x HDMI, 1x VGA (reserved connection?)
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Tuners – Up to 4 PCIe TV tuner cards (DVB-S2 or DVB-T2/T/C) for up to 16 TV tuners
- USB – 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
- 1 x Full-Size Mini-PCIe (w/USB, PCle x 1 Single)
- 8-bit programmable I/O
- 2x COM headers
- Misc – 1x LPC support TPM module, front panel with LCD display, power switch and various buttons, reset switch, power and HDD LEDs.
- Power Supply – 12 to 18V DC (Built-in)
- Dimensions – SBC: 120 x 100 mm; product: 1U Chassis (430 x 320 x 46 mm)
The system can run Microsoft Windows 7/8, Windows 7/8 embedded Standard, Windows 7 Embedded Compact, or Ubuntu Linux, and according to the specifications comes pre-installed with Tvheadend, VDR, MuMuDVB, DVBlast, szap-s2, dvbdate, dvbscan, dvbdstream, dvbsnoop, scan-s2, szap-s2, tzap-t2, LIRC, telnet, ssh, ftp, samba. The product description also mentions Kodi and OpenPCTV are pre-installed, and I’ve been told OpenELEC runs fine on the system too.
You can read the Getting Started Guide to find how the front panel and keys are used, and checkout the web base configuration interface.
When asked whether the system was mainly purchased by companies or individuals, a company representative explained that both IPTV delivery companies and individuals who wanted to build a home IPTV media server purchased the device, with so far over 25,000 units sold.
TBS MOI Pro AMD can be purchased on buydvd.net with pricing starting at $723.99 with two tuner cards with either four DVB-T2 or eight DVB-T2/C tuners, and up to $1209.99 for a system with 16 DVB-S2 tuners. More information can be found on TBS MOI Pro – AMD product page, as well as on the company’s blog.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.