congatec, a company specialized in embedded computer modules, single board computers and embedded design and manufacturing services, has just introduced their conga-SA5 system-on-module family compliant with SMARC 2.0 specifications, and powered by the latest Intel Apollo Lake processors.
conga-SA5 SoM’s specifications:
- SoC (one of the list)
- Intel Atom x7-E3950 quad core processor @ 1.6 / 2.0 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, 18 EU Intel Gen 9 HD Graphics (12W TDP)
- Intel Atom x5-E3940 quad core processor @ 1.6 / 1.8 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, 12 EU Intel Gen 9 HD Graphics (9W TDP)
- Intel Atom x5-E3930 dual core processor @ 1.3 / 1.8 GHz with 2MB L2 cache 1MB, 12 EU Intel Gen 9 HD Graphics (6.5W TDP)
- Intel Celeron N3350 dual core processor @ 1.1 / 2.4 GHz with 1MB L2 cache, 12 EU Intel Gen 9 HD Graphics (6W TDP)
- Intel Pentium N4200 quad core processor @ 1.1 / 2.5 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, 18 EU Intel Gen 9 HD Graphics (6W TDP)
- System Memory – Up to 8GB LPDDR4 with 2400MT/s
- Storage – 8 to 32GB eMMC flash; 8 MB serial SPI firmware flash with AMI Aptio 2.X (UEFI) BIOS
- Up to 2x Intel I210 (Industrial) /I211 (Commercial) Gigabit Ethernet Controller with SDP support, 2x Real Time Trigger
- Ooptional M.2 1216 WiFi module (soldered down)
- Video Chips – NXP PTN3366 HDMI Level Shifter, NXP PTN3460 eDP to LVDS bridge
- 314-pin edge SMARC 2.0 connector with
- 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
- 1x SATA3, SDIO
- Up to 4x PCIe Gen2
- 2x I²C bus, 2 x SPI, 4 x UART
- 2x GbE interfaces
- Video Output – Dual channel LVDS transmitter up to a resolution of 1920×1200 @60Hz (shared with eDP or 2x MIPI-DSI x4), 1x DisplayPort 1.2 up to 4096×2160, or HDMI 1.4b up to 3840×2160
- Camera IF – 1x MIPI-CSI x4 and 1x MIPI-CSI x2
- congatec Board Controller – Multi stage Watchdog, non-volatile User Data Storage, Manufacturing and Board information, Board Statistics, BIOS Setup, Data Backup, I²C bus (fast mode, 400 kHz, multi-master), power Loss Control
- Power Management – ACPI 5 .0 compliant, Smart Battery Management
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40° to + 85°C Storage: -40° to + 85°C
- Relative Humidity – Operating: 10 to 90% non cond. / Storage 5 to 95% non cond.
- Dimensions – 82 x 50 mm (3,23” x 1,97”)
The module can run Microsoft Windows 10 / Windows IoT Core, Linux, Wind River VxWorks 7, or Android.
conga-SA5 modules can compatible with conga-SEVAL evaluation carrier board for SMARC 2.0 modules, but the company has not provided details nor pictures about the board.
Pricing and availability information has not been made available. You’ll find more details include Linux and Windows drivers on Congatec’s conga-SA5 product page. The company also offers Apollo Lake Qseven and COM Express modules through their conga-QA5 and conga-TCA5 systems-on-module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
12 Replies to “Congatec Unveils conga-SA5 SMARC 2.0 Modules based on Intel “Apollo Lake” Atom x5/x7, Celeron and Pentium Processors”
SECO Q7-B03 is another Apollo Lake SoM compliant with Qseven 2.1 standard -> http://www.seco.com/prods/other/q7-b03.html
AdlinkTech has launched four Apollo Lake boards/modules based on E3900 series: a mini-ITX board, and COM Express Compact, COM Express Mini & Qseven CoMs -> http://www.adlinktech.com/PD/web/PD_Search.php?PHPSESSID=6jgfop7kbp9qbmu69mutrak5a1&keyword=apollo+lake&cx=016815640841774267018%3A0ztywcaljra&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&adv_category=All
Kontrol is on board too with COMe-mAL10 COM Express mini Computers-on-Module based on Apollo Lake processors. See -> http://www.kontron.com/about-kontron/news-events/detail/161107_kontron_come-mal10
Advantech Computer On Modules SOM-3569, SOM-6869, and SOM-7569, Embedded Single Board Computers MIO-2360, MIO-5350, PCM-9366, and PCM-9563, and an Industrial Motherboard AIMB-217; as well as Intelligent Systems UTX-3117, ARK-1124, and ARK-2231R -> http://www2.advantech.com/embedded-boards-design-in-services/news/e5b4e08c-fc2c-4d48-9f40-3ab077b156b2/
Axiomtek NA345 Desktop Network Appliance Platform with Intel Atom x5-E3930 Processor -> http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=23268&upcat=232
“WinSystems’ PX1-C415 single board computer (SBC) is a PC/104 form factor SBC with PCIe/104 OneBank expansion featuring the latest generation Intel Apollo Lake-I SOC processor” -> http://www.winsystems.com/product/px1-c415/
Litemax AECX-APL0 3.5″ SBC with Intel Atom E3900 series SoCs -> http://www.litemax.com/en/product/AECX-APL0/193
Portwell’s PEB-2773 Apollo Lake 3.5″ boards with Intel Atom x5/x7 E3900 SoC -> https://www.portwell.com.tw/products/PEB-2773.html
Arbor EmQ-i2401 Qseven R2.0 CPU Module http://www.arbor-technology.com/gl/Product/Pro/Model/EmQ-i2401
CEM313 COM Express Type 6 Compact Module with Intel Pentium Processor N4200 & Celeron Processor N3350: http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=23308&upcat=332
CEB94006 Development board for the module: http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=943&upcat=332
MSC Technologies MSC C6C-AL COM Express Compact Type 6 module based on Apollo Lake.
Axiomtek Announces Q7M311 Qseven Module with Intel Apollo Lake N4200/N3350 processor –> http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=23902&upcat=339