Following up on Pine A64 board powered by Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex A53 processor, Pine64 has decided to work on a software compatible laptop based on the processor. PINEBOOK comes with 2GB RAM, 16 GB flash storage, a 11.6″ or 14″ display, and the usual ports you’d expect on such device.
- SoC – Allwinner A64 quad core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash and micro SD slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 11.6″ or 14″ IPS LCD display with 1280 x 720 resolution (no touchscreen)
- Video Output – mini HDMI port for external display
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5 mm headphone jack, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera – 1.2 MP camera
- User Input Devices – Full size QWERTY keyboard, 5″ touchpad
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Battery – 10,000 mAh LiPo battery
- Dimensions – 352 x 233 x 18 mm
- Weight – 1.2 kg
The laptop is not based on Pine A64+ board, nor the upcoming SOPINE A64 module, and instead they had to design a custom board to meet the thickness requirements.
PINEBOOK should support most of the operating systems supported by PINE A64(+) boards including Android 5.1/7.0, Remix OS, Debian, Ubuntu, and others, but the firmware requires some (minor) modifications since the laptop is using LPDDR3 RAM.
The laptop is not available for sale right now, but we know the 11.6″ version will cost $89, the 14″ version $99, and you can register to get notified of the launch. You may also find a few more details on PINEBOOK product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|