Broadcast Asia international digital multimedia & entertaiment technology exhibition & conference is taking place in Singapore on May 23 – 25, and I’ve been informed that Hisilicon showcased their latest Hi3796M V200 Set-top box SoC with support for 4K DVB, H.265, and high dynamic range technology such as HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision.
Key features and specifications of Hi3796M V200 processor:
- CPU – Quad core ARM Cortex A53
- GPU – ARM Mali-450MP
- Memory – DDR3, DDR3L, DDR4
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a Tx with HDCP 2.2
- Video format – HEVC, H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, VC1, VP9, AVS 2.0
- HDR – HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR and SDR conversion
- HiVXE 2.0 VPU – Decoder – 4K60 10-bit; Encoder – HEVC/H.264 1080p30 or 2x 720p30
- Ethernet – 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x Fast Ethernet
- USB 2.0 – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- SATA & PCIe & USB 3.0 – USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, PCIe 2.0 host interface (optional); cnxsoft’s note: all ports are likely multiplexed, so only one is usable.
- Transport Stream I/F – 2x TS In + 2x TS In or Out + 1x Cable IF in
- SDIO – 2x SDIO 3.0
- Security – Advanced DRM, and CAS (NOCS3.X), and hardware video watermark. TrustZone
The company can provide Android 7.0 and Linux SDKs with middleware and RDK for the processor and development board. HiVXE 2.0 is also said to support PiP and video transcoding. Hardware video watermark ability allows the processor to meet MovieLabs UHD premium service delivery requirements.
It appears the company will also offer a user-friendly way to watch VR videos / 360° videos on the TV by using a mobile app or remote control to navigate in all directions while the video is playing.
I could not find any information at all on the web about Hi3796M V200 processor, so thanks to Ovi for sending pictures directly from the Broadcast Asia exhibition, and allowing us to discover this new multimedia processor.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|