We know have a decent choice of affordable Android TV boxes with tuners, but TX95D model powered by Amlogic S905D processor, and a single DVB-T/T2 tuner, appears to be a few dollars cheaper than the competition, as it sells for $51.99 shipped on Acemax’ Aliexpress store.
- SoC – Amlogic S905D quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDR support, and 3.5mm AV
(composite video) jack
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265, and VP9 Profile 2 up to 4K60, H.264 up to 4K30, AVS+ and other codecs up to 1080p60
- Tuner – DVB-T/T2 tuner with one coaxial RF input
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Front panel display, power LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 130 x 102 x 30 mm
The box runs Android 6.0 with Kodi 17, and supports timeshifting and PVR functions likely using the usual – for AMlogic STBs – DVB app. The packages include TX95D hybrid TV BOX, one HDMI Cable, a power adapter, a remote control, and a user manual.
While searching for the product name, I found an FCC filing indicating the manufacturer should be Shenzhen Oranth Technology. They have not updated their website for a while, since the listed products are only based on Amlogic S805, and without tuner. The Chinese version of the website lists only TV box boards without cases, as well as power adapter testing board.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|