Diamond Systems, a Silicon valley based company providing embedded computing solutions for transportation, energy, aerospace, defense, manufacturing, medical and research market, has recently introduced Zeta single board computer comprised of a baseboard, a choice of COM Express Mini type 10 modules based on Intel Bay Trail or Apollo Lake processor, and a heatspreader for cooling.
The company explains the small size and high feature density of the solution make it particularly suitable for mobile applications. The SBC also supports a wide range 6-36VDC input voltage, and works in -40 to +85°C temperature range.
Zeta SBC specifications:
- COM’s Processor and System Memory
- Intel Atom Bay Trail E3825 dual core processor @ 1.33GHz with 2GB RAM
- Intel Atom Apollo Lake E3940 quad core processor @ 1.6GHz with 4GB RAM
- Intel Pentium Apollo Lake N4200 quad core processor @ 1.1GHz (burstable to 2.5GHz) with 8GB RAM
- Storage – 1x mSATA socket , 1x micro SD card socket
- Video Output – VGA header, LVDS connector, backlight connector
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet headers (via Intel i210)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB 3.0 via headers
- Serial – 4x RS-232/422/485 serial ports (COM1 to COM4) via headers
- Expansion connector with 2x PCIe x1, SATA, HD audio, 22C, 1x USB 2.0
- mPCIe socket (shared with mSATA)
- Model A only – Analog I/O header with 16x 16-bit ADC, 4x 16-bit DAC, 27x GPIO, PWM, counters (all going through an FPGA)
- Model D only – I/O expansion with 16x GPIO
- Power Supply – 6-36V DC input via header
- Dimensions – 84 x 55 cm (about the same as Raspberry Pi, very slightly smaller)
Model A includes a data acquisition circuit including an FPGA, while Model D features a digital I/O circuit. A daughter board can also be connector through the expansion connector to add a full/half-size mini card socket, an M.2 M Key connector for SSD, and headers with audio HD (Line in/out + Mic in), and 16x extra GPIOs. The Bay Trail COM supports Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 32-bit and Windows 7 Embedded 32-bit, while the Apollo Lake modules can run Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit, or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 64-bit.
ZETA SBC as well as complete development kit adding I/O cables and the selected SDK, are available now. You can visit the product page for more details, and/or request a quote. The board, and other new products from the company were also showcased at Embedded World 2018, and Charbax interviewed the founder (Jonathan Miller) at the event.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|