You may remember we covered a “4K ATV Stick” last month, as a mostly unknown manufacturer (Shenzhen SEI Robotics) applied for FCC certification, with the device featuring a large G marking, leading some to speculate it may be an upcoming Google device.
At the time, I dismissed it, and believed if was just another Chinese “Android TV” or “Android” TV device, but Google has now released a similar looking Android device which probably means I was wrong…
It’s not a consumer device however, and after Google ADT-1 Android TV developer kit launched in 2014, Google has now unveiled ADT-2 developer device that runs Android P developer preview with Google Assistant.
ADT-2 OTT HDMI stick specifications:
- SoC- Amlogic S905X quad core Cortex A53 processor with Arm Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.2 support
- Video Decoding – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, H.265/HEVC MP10 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K2K @ 30 fps, H.264/MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, AVS, etc.. up to 1080p60
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
The dongle will come with a voice remote control and a power supply, and receive updates from Google.
ADT-2 HDMI dongle is a limited edition Android TV box that is intended for developers, and you can apply for one with priority going to developers with Google Play accounts.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|