Consumers don’t seem to be fans of bezels, so manufacturers try to keep them as small as possible, and many phones are now launched with a notch for the front-facing camera, and some with a front-facing camera that pops up during use. The former is not eye-pleasing to some users, and the latter may not feel robust.
Nubia X smartphone does away with either simply because the company dropped the front-facing camera, instead relying on the rear camera plus a second screen on the back for selfies. This setup enables an utra-slim bezel on all four sides.
- SoC – Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor with 4x Kryo 385 Gold cores @ up to 2.65 GHz, 4x Kryo 385 Silver cores @ up to 1.80 GHz, Adreno 630 GPU
- System Memory + Storage – 6GB LPDDR4X + 64GB storage, or 8GB LPDDR4X + 128 GB storage
- 6.26″ main display with 2280×1080 resolution
- 5.1″ rear display with 1520×720 resolution
- Camera – Dual Rear Camera with 24 MP + 16 MP sensors, dual LED dual tone flash
- Cellular Networks
- GSM GPRS (2G), UMTS HSPA (3G), LTE (4G) CAT 18/13 (DL/UL) with 1.2 Gbps DL, 150 Mbps UL max.
- Dual SIM Nano SIM socket
- Wireless Connectivity – WiFi 5 (802.11ac WiFi), Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – USB Type-C port
- 2x fingerprint sensors on the sides of the phone used to unlock either screen, and that can also serve as navigation buttons.
- Infrared proximity sensor, light sensing, compass, accelerometer/gyroscope
- Battery – 3,800 mAh
- Dimensions – 154.1 x 73.3 x 8.4mm
- Weight – 181 grams
As you can see from the specifications, the front-facing camera is not the only casualty in the phone, as the micro SD card slot and 3.5mm audio jack are gone too.
Nubia X runs Android 8.1.0 with Nubia UI 6.0.2, and the 6GB/128GB version sells for ￥3299.00 ($478), while the 8GB/128GB model goes for ￥3699.00 ($536) on Nubia X online store. You’ll find some details and photos on the product page in Chinese. If you want the phone outside of China, GearBest has both models listed but for crazy prices at the time of writing, which hopefully will change once it’s actually available.
You can see what the rear screen looks like in action in the short video below.
This is the Nubia X, a dual-screen phone with a very high screen ratio.
Source: Weibo 字幕 GOUBA pic.twitter.com/L2So4FdzNU
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) October 31, 2018
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|