When I was first informed about Ugoos Clever Canvas Cube, I ignored it because it just looked like an another “old” Amlogic S905 TV stick running Android 5.1. But I came across it again today, and I realized the device is not designed to stream video per se, but instead it’s loaded with digital signage software that makes it easy to compose layout from photos, and text directly from your mobile phone, with the content then uploaded to the stick over the cloud.
Ugoos Clever Canvas hardware is actually Ugoos AM2 with the following specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 processor with penta-core Arm Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash, micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4k @ 60 fps, 3.5mm AV output with composite and stereo audio
- Connectivity – Dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 with high gain antenna
- USB – 2x USB ports including one USB OTG port (USB A type)
- Misc – IR jack
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 10 x 7 x 2 cm
- Weight – 150 grams
The sticks run Android 5.1 operating system with Adcasting Clever Canvas software that receives files from the cloud, and display the layout drawn by the user in the Clever Canvas mobile app available for Android and iOS. You can create special effects with text, create stickers with your own images or the ones from the marketplace, as well as slideshows. Note the app does not support videos. To better understand what’s possible with the mobile app, you may want to read the user manual, and/or watch the video below showing how to create a layout with pictures and text.
Ugoos Clever Canvas Cube is currently sold on Gearbest for $69.99 including shipping.This solution is good if you already have displays in your store, but the company also sells 32″ displays with a “cafeteria-style” wooden frame that integrates the digital signage software.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|