Ugoos UM3, a compact Rockchip RK3288 Android & Ubuntu TV Box that would fit in your hand, has now a little brother with Ugoos AM2 in the same form factor but featuring Amlogic S905 processor instead, but still with an AV jack (composite + stereo audio) and an HDMI 2.0 port, as well as an IR extension jack allowing you to place the box behind the TV.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 @ 2.0 GHz with penta-core ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash (Hynix) + micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4k @ 60 fps, 3.5mm AV output with composite and stereo audio
- Connectivity – dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6330 module) + external antenna
- USB – 2x USB ports including one USB OTG port (USB A type)
- Misc – IR jack
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – N/A
There’s no mention of a dual boot image, at least at launch, and Ugoos AM2 runs Android 5.1.1 operating systems with Ugoos launcher, and Ugoos settings adding features such as root enabled/disabled, file server (NAS), and HW monitor.
The company also mentioned two heatsinks are used inside the device to cover both the processor and RAM chips. If it comes with the some accessories as Ugoos AM3, the dongle will ship with a power adapter, HDMI & AV cables, an IR extension cable, a remote control, and a user’s manual.
Ugoos AM2 samples can now be purchased via Ugoos website, but these are likely to be early samples with a few bugs, as the TV box has not launched on the usual retail websites yet.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|