Rockchip RK3399Pro is an upcoming processor based on Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor, but adding RK1808 NPU block for AI workloads. We’ve already seen a few development boards based on the processor, including Rockchip’s own evaluation board – which mortals can’t buy -, Khadas Edge 1S, Pine64 RockPro64-AI, and Toybrick RK3399Pro Board.
Apart from a demo with Rockchip RK3399Pro EVB, I have not seen any of the SBCs in the wild yet. But we have even more choices now, as Geniatech, better known for their Amlogic TV boxes, has been entering the embedded mainboard market in recent years, and added DB3399Pro development board to their offering.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399Pro hexa-core processor with 2x Cortex-A72 @ 1.8 GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.4 GHz, Arm Mali-T864 GPU, RK1808 NPU
- System Memory – 3GB LPDDR3 (option 6GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (option 16G/32GB), SD card socket, SATA (where?)
- Video I/Os
- HDMI 2.0 output
- HDMI input
- DisplayPort via USB type-C port
- eDP 1.3 connector
- MIPI DSI
- VPU – H.264/H.265/VP9 decode up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps, H.264/MVC/VP8 encode up to [email protected]
- Speaker header microphone header
- Headphone, Line Out, and Line in 3.5mm audio jacks
- optical S/PDIF
- Camera I/F – 2x MIPI CSI
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) with optional PoE support
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 11ac WiFi 5 2T2R
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 6x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB3.0 port, 1x USB type-C port
- Mini PCI-E socket
- Expansion header with SPI, GPIO, I2C, UART,
- Misc – IR receiver, Watchdog, RTC + battery socket
- Power Supply – 12V/2A via power barrel
- Dimensions – 155 x 105mm
- Temperature Range – -10°C to +60°C
The company only provides Android 8.0 for the board. Rockchip RK3399Pro memory configuration is different than RK3399 as usually memory is split as 2/3 for the processor and 1/3 for the NPU, so if the board has 3GB RAM, 2GB of RAM is connected to the actual processor, and 1GB of RAM is dedicated to the NPU. That means with 6GB of RAM, we have a 4GB+2GB configuration.
The specifications list 8 USB interfaces, but I can only see 4 USB ports on the photo above, so the other four must be available through headers and other connectors.
The product page has limited information at this stage, and interested parties are being asked to contact Geniatech for more details. DB3399Pro’s pricing and availability are unknown at the time of writing, but for reference, Toybrick-RK3399Pro is sold for $249 with 3GB RAM and $299 with 6GB RAM.