We’ve previously covered HF10 2-in-1 Android speaker and TV box that looks more like a speaker than a TV box, and since we’ve posted about it several years got improved to work as a smart speaker supporting Amazon Alexa.
If you’re a distributor looking for something with the same functionalities, but in a more compact TV box form factor, Shenzhen Tomato got you covered with their Onenuts Nut 9 TV box that works as a traditional TV box running Android TV 7.1, as well as a smart speaker with support Google Assistant even when the TV is off thanks to a built-in microphone and a speaker placed on the bottom of the enclosure.
Onenuts Nut 9 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X Arm Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.5GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU up to 750Mhz+
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K (3840 X 2160) @ 60Hz with 3D, HDR, CEC support
- Video Codecs – 4K VP9 10-bit, 4K H.265 10-bit, H.264, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS/AVS+, RealVideo, MJPEG
- Audio – 2W speaker, digital microphone with 3 to 5 meters far-field range, digital audio output via HDMI
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports (one host, one OTG)
- Misc – Reset pinhole
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
The Android TV 7.1 media player ships with a remote control, a user manual, a power supply, and an HDMI cable. The company also provides optional accessories including USB or Bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard, as well as a 2.4 GHz air mouse using a USB RF dongle. Note the company confirmed there’s no voice remote control, so only the built-in microphone picks up your voice commands.
It seems like an odd idea to have put the speaker facing-down as it may lower the audio level, even though they have curved the side of the TV order in order to mitigate this issue. The audio quality of a single 2W speaker should be fairly underwhelming, so it may not be such a good option if you ever wanted to connect the box to a monitor without speaker and listen to audio via the speaker while consuming video/audio content. But for smart speaker purpose, it should be good enough.
Sometimes there is confusion with regards to the use of Android TV OS and Android OS, but the screenshots on the product page make it clear it’s really
the official Android TV OS. Onenuts Nut 9 TV box is available now to distributors and resellers at an undisclosed price.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.