We’ve previously covered several Intel Whiskey Lake-U SBCs in various form factors such as the Commell LE-37N 3.5″ board, ASRock IMB-1216 mini-ITX motherboard, or UP Xtreme with a custom 122×120 form factor.
But if your project or application requires a more compact form factor, Commell has just announced LP-178 Whiskey Lake Pico-ITX SBC with either Intel Core i7-8665UE or Celeron 4305UE 8th generation embedded processor.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.7GHz / 4.4GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 8MB cache; 15W TDP
- Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor @ 2.0GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 610; 2MB cache; 15W TDP
- FCBGA1528 package
- System Memory – SO-DIMM socket for up to 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage – 1x SATA 3.0 interface
- Video Output / Display I/F
- HDMI port up to 4K resolution
- DisplayPort output
- DP to VGA or LVDS via an optional adapter
- Triple independent display support
- Audio – Realtek ALC262 HD audio coded; header with mic-in & line-out
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet port via Intel I210-AT and i219LM; The latter supports Intel Active Management Technology ( iAMT) 12.0 for improved remote management.
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 host ports, header with 2x USB 2.0 interfaces
- Serial – 2x RS232
- LPC, SPI, SMBus,
- M.2 E-key 2230 slot for WiFi & Bluetooth cards
- Misc- Watchdog; RTC with battery; PS/2; fan header
- Power Supply – 12V DC
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 60°C; storage: -20 – 80°C
- Dimensions – 100 x 72mm (Pico-ITX form factor)
The motherboard supports Windows 10 64-bit RS5 (Red Stone 5) and Linux distributions. The company explains LP-178 is ideally suited to applications requiring multi-tasking capabilities, such as gaming, surveillance, medical, defense, transportation, and industrial automation application.
Commell did not provide availability nor pricing information for the LP-178 board. You may find more details, including a detailed user manual, on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|