We’ve been covered SBC’s and SoM’s from Boardcon for at least 5 years, with our latest article detailing Boardcon Idea3399 SBC powered by Rockchip RK3399 processor, and launched this September.
The company has now launched another single board computer with EM-IMX8M-MINI featuring an NXP i.MX 8M Mini system-on-module (SoM) with 2GB LPDDR4, 8GB eMMC flash, and wireless connectivity. The board is designed for a “wide range of multimedia applications” and offers a MIPI DSI interface for LCDs up to 1920×1080 resolution.
Boardcon EM-IMX8M-MINI specifications:
- SOM-IMX8M-MINI SoM (aka PICO-IMX8MM-V1)
- SoC – NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad with 4x Arm Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.8GHz, Arm an Arm Cortex-M4F real-time microcontroller @ 400MHz, Vivante GCNanoUltra 3D GPU, and Vivante GC320 2D GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 8GB eMMC 5.1 flash, QSPI NOR flash
- Connectivity – 802.11n WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.0 via an Ampak AP6236 module
- I/Os via 200-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
- Power Supply – 5V DC; ROHM BD71847 PMIC
- Dimensions – 67.6 x 34.3 mm (6-layer PCB)
- Storage – MicroSD slot; M.2 slot for NVMe SSD
- Display I/F – 4-lane MIPI DSI up to 1920×1080 @ 60 Hz
- Camera I/F – 4-lane MIPI CSI camera interface
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, 2x speaker headers, 26-pin header for Audio card (5x SAI, I2C, GPIO); Wolfson WM8960 audio codec
- Gigabit Ethernet port (via Realtek RTL8211E)
- Optional 4G LTE cellular connectivity via an M.2 slot + NanoSIM card socket
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Serial – 1x RS-232 DB9 port, 4-pin UART header, RS-485 terminal block, CAN terminal block
- 40-pin header with 2x I2C, 6x GPIO, SPI, etc…
- M.2 E-key (PCIe 2.1) socket for either a 4G modem or an NVMe SSD
- Debugging – JTAG header, 4-pin serial debug for Cortex-A7 core, 4-pin serial debug for Cortex-M4 core
- Misc – IR receiver, RTC & battery slot, Power & Reset buttons, boot mode switch
- Power Supply – 5V/3A DC jack
- Dimensions — 118.6 x 102.3mm
The company provides a BSP with u-boot 2018.03, Linux 4.14.98, and Qt 5.10 with all needed drivers for the module and baseboard.
Both SOM-IMX8M-MINI module and EM-IMX8M-MINI SBC are available now but at an undisclosed price. You may find more information and/or request a quote on the respective product pages for the module and SBC.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
So you can use the sdcard as /boot and use
A M.2 connected ssd drive for / ?
Or could i just skip the sdcard and run everything on a M.2 connected ssd ?
Oops, 32 bit… please disregard my previous questions
Are NXP i.MX8M Mini’s Cortex-A53 no 64 bit cores?
Dunno the point of all these boards having mipi dsi headers. Are there any drivers and connectors for displays publicly available?