But Versalogic Grizzly embedded server board fitted with the 16-core Atom C3958 Denverton processor aims specifically at embedded systems with applications ranging from smart-grid, and smart-city applications, to transportation, security, and defense operations.
Versalogic Grizzly (VL-ESU-5070) key features and specifications:
- Processor – Intel C3958 16-core Denverton server-class processor @ 2.0 GHz
- System Memory – 4x SO-DIMM sockets for up to 128 GB DDR4 of ECC memory
- Storage – 2x SATA 3 ports, bootable mSATA socket, bootable M.2 NVMe SSD socket
- Networking – 2x 10GbE SFP+ ports (copper or fiber), 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Video output – None, but optional VGA/LVDS mini PCIe card available
- Audio – No on-board audio, but optional VL-ADR-01 audio interface available
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports
- Serial – 2x RS-232 ports
- One full, one half-length Mini PCIe socket for Wi-Fi modems, GPS receivers, non-volatile flash data storage
- M.2 PCIe x4 socket
- Digital I/O
Fourteen TTL I/O lines (3.3V). Independently configurable.
- Power Supply – 10V–30VDC via on-board power conditioner
- Power Consumption – Idle: 23.8 to 26.2W; typ.: 34.7 to 37.6W; max: 45.6 to 49W (variations due to different memory configurations)
- Dimensions – 110 x 155 mm (COMe Extended form factor); 49.7 mm tall with heat plate
- Weight – 699 grams to 845 grams depending on memory configuration
- Temperature Range – -40° to +85°C
- Shock and Vibration – MIL-STD-202H
The board supports most x86 server operating systems including Windows and Linux, as well as VMWare virtualization solutions. The company also provides various accessories and mPCIe expansion modules adding more Gigabit Ethernet ports, Firewire, CAN bus, serial I/Os, ADC’s, GPS, SSD, and VGA/LVDS interfaces.
Versalogic Grizzly embedded server board is available now with long-term availability (10+ year typical production lifecycle). Pricing starts at $2,930.01 on Digikey for the version without memory (and 64GB DDR4 max). Visit the product page for further information including more detailed specifications, a hardware user manual, and Windows Server 2019 64-bit software support package.