AAEON has just launched a Whiskey Lake Pico-ITX SBC made for AI and edge computing with PICO-WH4 featuring a 15W Intel Core i3/i5/i7 or Celeron processor combined with up to 16GB DDR4 memory,
The board offers dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, dual display support with HDMI connectors, USB 3.2 ports, SATA storage, as well as mPCIe and M.2 expansion slots.
AAEON PICO-WHU4 specifications:
- SoC (one or the other; all Whiskey Lake U-series processors)
- Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor @ 2.00 GHz (no turbo frequency) with Intel UHD Graphics 610 @ 300 MHz / 1.0 GHz (Turbo); 15W TDP
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.2 GHz / 3.9 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620 @ 300 MHz / 1.0 GHz (Turbo); 15 TDP
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.6GHz / 4.1GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620 @ 300 MHz / 1.05 GHz (Turbo); 15 TDP
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.7GHz / 4.4GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620 @ 300 MHz / 1.15 GHz (Turbo); 15 TDP
- System Memory – 1x DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM socket for up to 16GB RAM
- Storage – 1x SATA 6.0Gb/s, mSATA via mPCIe socket (see expansion section)
- Video Output
- 2x HDMI 1.4b up to 3840 x 2160
- LCD Interface
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet with Realtek 8111G transceivers
- Optional WiFi / Bluetooth via M.2 card
- USB Port – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 2x USB 2.0 via pin header
- Serial Port – 2x RS-232/422/485 COM headers
- Mini-PCIe socket with PCIe x1, USB 3.2 Gen 1/2.0, and SATA
- M.2 2230 E key socket for WIFI/BT, PCIe/USB signal only
- 4-bit DIO port
- SMBUS/I2C/LPC/eSPI x 1
- Misc – UEFI BIOS, Wake-on-LAN support, 255-level watchdog timer, optional heat-spreader or fan cooler
- Power Supply – +12V AT/ATX (default) via lockable & phoenix terminal co-lay or DC jack (depends on model)
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 (Pico-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE, FCC
The company also offers PICO-WHU4-SEMI compact embedded system with the board and an enclosure in order to provide a turn-key solution to their customers. AAEON claims it’s “the perfect solution for vertical markets including Smart Retail applications and Smart City infrastructure”.
The mPCIe slot can support the company’s Movidius Myriad X/2 cards such as AI Core mini PCIe card which should make the board or embedded PC even more useful for AI and edge computing applications. The company did not explicitly provide information about operating systems support, but both Windows and Linux distributions should work, and they do provide drivers for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
AAEON PICO-WHU4 Pico-ITX board and PICO-WHU4-SEMI embedded system are available now at an undisclosed price. You can find more details and/or request a quote on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|