Yesterday, as I wrote about AAEON UP Xtreme SBC, I realized that while I had seen some other Intel Celeron 4305UE Whiskey Lake boards with 3.5-inch and Pico-ITX form factors, I’ve just found out an industrial mini-ITX motherboard from BCM Advanced Research equipped with the processor.
Just like other similar industrial Whiskey Lake SBC’s, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Whiskey Lake-U Embedded processors are offered as options/upgrades for BCM MX4305UE motherboard, and the company says the board is designed for power-sensitive IoT devices and embedded applications such as video wall control management system, point-of-sales systems (POS), kiosks, automated vending machines, panel PCs, digital signage, medical and gaming devices.
BCM MX4305UE mini-ITX board specifications:
- Default – Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core Whiskey Lake processor @ 2.0 GHz (base, no turbo frequency) with Intel UHD Graphics 610; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core processor up to 4.40 GHz max – TDP: 15W
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core processor up to 4.10 GHz max – TDP: 15W
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core processor up to 3.90 GHz max – TDP: 15W
- System Memory – 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM DDR4 2400Mhz, up to 32GB Max
- Optional eMMC flash
- 1x SATA III (red) connector with 15-pin SATA power connector
- M.2 M-Key NVMe/SATA SSD socket
- 128Mbit SPI Flash for AMI UEFI BIOS
- Video Output / Display I/F
- DP1.2 up to 4096×2160 @ 60 Hz; supports DP++
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- 18/24 bits dual-channel LVDS co-lay eDP (BOM Option) + backlight header
- Triple independent display support
- Realtek ALC892 HD Audio Coded, 3W per-channel amplifier
- 1x Line-out jack, 1x Mic-in jack
- Front audio header
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I211-AT (LAN1)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I219-LM (LAN2)
- 4x USB 3.1 Type-A connectors
- 1x USB 3.1 header (2 x USB 3.1 ports), 1x USB 2.0 header (2 x USB 2.0 ports)
- Serial – 1x RS-232/422/485 header, 3x RS-232 headers
- 1x 2230 M.2 E Key (with PCIe x1 Channel & USB Signal)
- 1x 2280 & 2242 M.2 M Key NVMe (with PCIe x4 & SATA III Signal)
- 1x PCIe x1 (Open-Ended)
- MIO – 1x LPT, 1x LPC, 1x I2C, 8-bit GPIO
- HW Security – Infineon SLB 9665TT TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, H/W Status Monitor for temperature, voltage, auto throttling control, socket for battery, front pane header, 4-pin CPU fan, 4-pin system fan.
- Power Supply – 12V-24V DC wide range via barrel DC-In connector or 4-pin DC-In connector
- Dimensions – 17×17 cm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 400 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -10° C ~ 60° C
- Operating Humidity – 5% ~ 85% Relative Humidity, Non-condensing
The board supports both Windows 10 and Linux distributions. It should be noted that BCM MX4305UE is an “OEM product” with minimum order requirements, although it’s also possible to buy evaluation units from the company. The life cycle for the board will be at least “5-7 years”. More details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.