Advantech AIMB-233 thin mini-ITX SBC is equipped with a choice of 15W Intel Whiskey Lake processors, supporting up to 32GB RAM, and offering plenty of high speed I/Os include eight USB interfaces, two SATA III ports, dual Gigabit Ethernet, several PCIe & M.2 expansion slots, as well as triple display support, six COM ports, and more.
The motherboard complies with the “thin mini-ITX” requirement of not exceeding 2.5cm in height, and Advantech expects the thin Mini-ITX SBC to be found in nursing carts, patient care systems, Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI), and mobile devices.
AIMB-233 thin mini-ITX SBC specifications:
- SoC (One or the other)
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 1.7 / 4.4 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620 – 15W TDP
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 1.6 / 4.1 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620 – 15W TDP
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core/quad-thread processor @ up to 2.2 / 3.9 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620 – 15W TDP.
- Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 610 – 15W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 32GB dual-channel DDR4-2400 RAM via 2x SO-DIMM sockets
- Storage – 2x SATA 3.0 ports, 1x M.2 socket for NVMe SSD
- Video Output
- Dual-channel 48-bit LVDS up to 1920 x 1200 or optional eDP
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
- USB Type C Alt. mode up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz, 24bpp
- Dual Display configurations – Type C Alt. + HDMI, Type C Alt. + LVDS (or eDP), HDMI + LVDS (or eDP)
- Tri Display configuration – HDMI2.0a + USB Type C Alt.+ LVDS (or eDP)
- Audio – 3.5mm Mic-In jack, 3.5mm Line-Out jack
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet, one via Intel i219LN, the other via Intel i211
- Optional WiFi/Bluetooth via M.2 E key module
- USB – 4x USB 3.1 Gen2 (1x Type C (optional), 3x Type A), 2x USB 2.0 and 2x USB 3.0 interfaces via internal header
- Serial – 6x COM (5 x RS-232, 1 x RS-232/422/485 (RS-422/485 support via BOM option) with hardware flow-control support
- Expansion Slots
- Full-size mini PCIe slot with SIM card holder (co-lay M.2 E key)
- M.2 E key 2230 with CNVi support, and M.2 M key 2242 & 2280 sockets
- PCIex1 Gen 3 slot
- 8-bit GPIO header
- Misc – 4-pin CPU fan header, 2x 4-pin system fan headers, watchdog timer,
- Power Supply – 12~24V via Phoenix connector.
- Power Consumption (Intel i7-8665UE + 32GB RAM)
- Typical – 26.74W @ 12V, 29.04W @ 24V
- Boost: 63.28W @ 12V, 64.73W @ 24V
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 x 25 mm (without heatsink)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 ~ 60° C with 0.7m/s air flow, storage: -40 ~ 85 °C
Since the board ships without storage, there’s no mention of the supported operating systems, but the company does provide Windows 10 64-bit drivers. Advantech also mentions support for WISE-PasS/RMM IoT Device Remote Monitoring and Management Platform and Embedded Software APIs.
Advantech AIMB-233 thin mini-ITX SBC is available now for an undisclosed price. You’ll find additional information on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.