Since the official launch of the Elkhart Lake processor family last month, we’ve covered a Pico-ITX SBC, a 3.5-inch SBC, and several CoM’s following SMARC, Q7, COM Express, and other system-on-module standards.
So far, we had not found any Elkhart Lake mini PCs, but Vecow SPC-6000 fanless embedded PC powered by an Intel Atom x6425RE processor is one of the first such solutions offered from the market, and supports 2.5 Gbps Ethernet with TSN support.
- SoC – Intel Atom x6425RE quad-core Elkhart Lake processor @ 1.90 GHz with 1.5MB cache, 32EU Intel UHD graphics; 12W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 32GB DDR4 3200MHz via a single SO-DIMM socket
- Storage – 1x M.2 Key M Socket (2280, PCIe x2), and 1x SATA III (6Gbps)
- Video Output
- DVI-I up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- Realtek ALC892, 5.1 Channel HD Audio codec
- 3.5mm Line-out jack
- Gigabit Ethernet (LAN1) via Intel I210 Ethernet controller
- 2.5GbE (LAN2) via Intel GPY215 Ethernet PHY
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – 4x COM RS-232/422/485 (ESD 8KV)
- I/O Chipset – ITE IT8786E
- 1x M.2 Key B Socket (3042/3052)
- 1x M.2 Key E Socket (2230)
- External Nano SIM card socket for cellular modem
- Security – Infineon SLB9670 TPM 2.0, SPI Interface
- Misc – Power button; reset pinhole; power, storage and network LEDs; watchdog tiner, HW monitor for temp, voltage, auto-throttling
- Power Supply
- Input – 12V DC-in via 3-pin terminal block with V+, V- and ground
- 16-mode software controlled ignition
- Dimensions – 106.2 x 150.4 x 66.0mm
- Weight – 1.4 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40°C to 70°C; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity – 5% to 95% Humidity, non-condensing
- Shock – IEC 60068-2-27; SSD: 50G @ wall mount, Half-sine, 11ms
- Vibration – IEC 60068-2-64; SSD: 5Grms, 5Hz to 500Hz, 3 Axis
- EMC Certifications – CE, FCC, EN50155, EN50121-3-2
Vecom SPC-6000 embedded computer support Windows 10 and Linux, and the company provide wallmount mounting bracket, as well as an optional DIN rail mount. The company also highlights the system is optimized for VHub one-stop AIoT Solution Service which supports OpenVINO based AI accelerators and advanced Edge AI applications for faster development of AI powered computer vision applications.
As noted by LinuxGizmos, Intel Atom x6425RE is not the fastest Atom 6000-series processor per se, as it lacks Turbo mode, but it’s the more powerful one of the family that also supports Intel Time Coordinated Computing (TCC) and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) features often used in real-time industrial IoT networks.
The Elkhart Lake embedded PC offers 40% faster computing and up to 2x better 3D graphics performance compared to the former Gemini Lake generation, and targets AIoT applications for Smart retail, factory automation, traffic vision, robotic control, and other AIoT/Industry 4.0 applications.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|