Last year, Allwinner published an updated roadmap for tablet processors that included A100, A200, and A300 SoC’s. None of those have been launched yet, but I’ve just noticed the Allwinner A133 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor showed up on the company’s website.
That’s yet another entry-level processor coupled with a PowerVR GE8300 GPU, but you’d get support for Android 10, instead of the older Android 7.1/8.1 SDK provided for the earlier Allwinner A-series tablet processors. This time around, the company also pairs A133 processor with its own wireless chips, either XR829 WiFI 4 and Bluetooth 4.2 chip, or AW859A dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5 chip.
Allwinner A133 specifications:
- CPU – Quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1.6GHz with 32KB L1 I-cache + 32KB L1 D-cache per core, 512KB L2 cache, and CoolFlex power management architecture
- GPU – Imagination PowerVR GE8300 with support for OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan 1.1, OpenCL 1.2
- Memory I/F – DDR3/DDR3L/DDR4/LPDDR3/LPDDR4, 32-bit width, up to 4GB
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.1, 8-bit parallel NAND Flash, SPI NAND flash
- Video Unit
- H.265 video decoder 4K @ 30fps, H.264 video decoder 4K @ 30fps, VP9 video decoder 720p @ 30fps
- H.264 video encoder 1080p @ 60fps
- MJPEG/JPEG Baseline encoder 4K @ 15fps
- MIPI-DSI interface, dual-link LVDS interface, RGB interface up to 1920 x 1200
- Allwinner SmartColor2.0 post-processing engine
- 4 lanes MIPI-CSI @ 1.0Gbps
- 13M @ 10fps or 8M @ 30fps ISP with 3A/2D de-noise/defect pixel correction
- 2x DAC and 2x ADC
- LINE-OUT/MIC-IN/Stereo headphone
- 4x I2S, 8-channel DMIC, OWA OUT
- USB – 1x USB Host, 1x USB OTG
- Other Peripherals
- SDIO 3.0
- 3x SPI, 6x UART, 6x I2C/TWI, 5x PWM
- EMAC, GPADC, LRADC, CIR RX&TX
- Package – LFBGA 346balls; 12 x 12 mm body size, 0.5 mm ball pitch, 0.3 mm ball size
It appears the company is now attempting to provide a complete solution mostly comprised of their chips with the main processor (A133), XR829 or AW859A wireless chip/module, and AXP707 PMIC. Sometimes I’ve seen the Allwinner-branded memory as well. That means we may see less Allwinner hardware with Ampak wireless module going forward.
Additional details can be found on Allwinner A-series product page. I could not find information about AW859A module, but firmware files can be found on Orange Pi Xunlong’s github repository. XR829 is a bit older and has its own product page on XRadioTech website.