BCM Advanced Research ECM-3455J is an upcoming 3.5-inch SBC designed for industrial application with 9-36V wide range DC-in support, an Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core Apollo Lake processor, up to 8GB SO-DIMM memory, and 32GB on-board eMMC flash.
The single board computer also comes with HDMI and LVDS video out, dual Gigabit Ethernet, an M.2 socket a micro SIM socket for cellular connectivity, as well as up to eight USB interfaces, and a thick and large heatspreader for fanless operation.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.5GHz / 2.3GHz (Burst Frequency) with Intel HD graphics 500; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 1x 204-pin SO-DIMM DDR3L-1600MHz socket for up to 8GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash (option: 64GB), 1x SATA III port, mSATA socket (See expansion), 64Mbit SPI flash for AMI UEFI BIOS
- Video Output
- 18/24-bit dual-channel LVDS through Chrontel CH7511B embedded DisplayPort to LVDS bridge + 1x backlight locking type header
- Audio – 3.5nmm Line-out Realtek ALC255 audio codec; 2 Watts per channel amplifier
- Networking – Dual Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via 2x Realtek RTL8111H PCIe GbE PHYs
- USB – 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, 2x internal USB 2.0 headers (4 interfaces in total)
- 1x RS-232/422/485 header with voltage selection
- 1x RS-232 header with voltage selection
- 1x M.2 Type E Key 2230 socket
- 1x full-size mini PCIe socket with mSATA support & μSIM
- 1x I²C header, 1x SPI header, 1x SMBus header
- 8-bit GPIO header
- Security – Infineon SLB9665TT-2.0 TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer; H/W Status Monitor with temperature, voltage, fan control and auto throttling control; front panel header, CMOS battery, buzzer, 4-pin chassis fan header
- Power Supply – 9-36V wide range DC-in via power barrel jack or 4-pin header
- Dimensions – 145 x 101mm (3.5-inch SBC)
- Weight – Around 200 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -20°C ~ 80°C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class B, RoHS Compliant
The company provides support for Windows 10 IoT and Linux for the board, as well as the less usual – for an x86 board – Android operating system.
BCM notes that while most of the small form factor industrial motherboards with a wide range DC power design support 12V to 24V, the ECM-3455J 3.5-inch SBC supports a wider 9V to 36V DC input voltage, which makes it suitable for a wider range of embedded applications including industrial control, human-machine interface (HMI), digital signage, Point-of-Sale terminal, retail kiosk, medical and healthcare equipment, and so on.
BCM ECM-3455J 3.5-inch single board computer is shown as “coming soon” on the product page, so it’s not clear when it will become available, and pricing for this type of B2B board is often not made public. As a side note, BCM Advanced Research used to be (and probably still is) a subsidiary of Avalue, which we covered in the past with several other “ECM” boards.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.