Olimex has just announced the availability of an STMicro STM32MP1 Cortex-A7/M4 powered system-on-module (SoM) and an evaluator board with respectively STMP15X-SOM available in extended and industrial temperature variants, as well as STMP1(A13)-EVB evaluation board that works with the new STM32MP1 module, as well as earlier A13-SOM Allwinner A13 based system-on-module.
Beyond the hardware, the company told us their upcoming STMP1-OLinuXino-LIME2 SBC could support mainline Linux in February, and the company prepared some Linux 5.10 based Debian Buster and Ubuntu Focal images which are now also available for the STMP15X-SOM module.
- SoC – STMicro STM32MP151/153/157 dual-core Cortex-A7 @ 650 to 800MHz and Arn Cortex-M4 real-time core @ 209 MHz
- System Memory – 256 or 512 MB DDR3L
- Storage – MicroSD card socket
- Audio – On-module audio codec
- Board-to-board connectors
- GPIO-1 40-pin connector with 39 GPIOs, 3x UARTs, 1x QuadSPI, 2x I2C, 2x eMMC
- GPIO-2 10-pin connector with USB host, USB OTG, Audio mic, Audio HP, ADC
- GPIO-3 10-pin connector with USB-OTG, SPI
- RGB LCD 40-pin connector compatible with LCD-OLinuXino displays
- Misc – RESET button, power & charge LED’s, boot select
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Power supply
- 5V DC input via header, or 2-pin header for battery
- AXP209 Power Management Unit (PMU) and LiPo battery charger
- LiPo battery acts like UPS and keeps SoC, memory, and PMU powered during 5V power failure protecting the SD card and allowing safe power off if needed.
- Temperature Range – Commericla grade: 0 to +70°C; industrial grade: -40 to +85°C; extended: -20 to +85°C
Five models are available:
- STMP151-SOM-256 commercial-grade SoM with STM32MP151 @ 650MHz and 256MB of DDR3L RAM for 20 Euros
- STMP151-SOM-512-IND industrial-grade SoM with STM32MP151 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 25 Euros.
- STMP153-SOM-512-IND industrial grade SoM with STM32MP153 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 28 Euros
- STMP157-SOM-512-IND industrial-grade SoM with STM32MP157 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 30 Euros.
- STMP153-SOM-512-EXT extended temperature grade SoM with STM32MP157 @ 800 MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 30 Euros
You can purchase the module and find documentation including the PDF schematics and software resources on the product page.
Since it’s not exactly convenient to use a system-on-module without a carrier board, Olimex also released the STMP1(A13)-EVB evaluation board compatible with both A13-SOM and STM15x-SOM modules.
STMP1(A13)-EVB board specifications:
- Compatible modules – STMP15x-SOM or A13-SOM via 1.27 mm pitch connectors
- Storage – Flash module connector for SPI, eMMC, or NAND flash
- Display – 40-pin 1.27 mm pitch connector for LCD-OLinuXino display
- Audio – 3.5mm microphone jack, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 connector
- WiFi & Bluetooth module with PCB antenna and option for external antenna
- Expansion – UEXT connector, GPIO connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Power Supply – 5V DC via power barrel jack
Olimex STMP1(A13)-EVB can be purchased for 18 Euros without module on Olimex shop where you’ll also find the KiCAD and PDF schematics, and a user manual.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.