MediaTek has launched several 5G mobile SoCs for smartphones in recent years, but with Kompanio 1300T Cortex-A78/A55 processor the company is targetting 5G tablets specifically.
As we’ll see below MediaTek Kompanio 1300T specifications are quite similar to the ones for Dimensity 1100 processor, except for support for slightly higher resolution displays up to 2560×1600 @ 120 Hz or 2560×1440 @ 144Hz, instead of 2520 x 1080 @ 144Hz.
MediaTek Kompanio 1300T processor specifications:
- Octa-core CPU
- 4x Arm Cortex-A78 cores
- 4x Arm Cortex-A55 cores
- GPU – Arm Mali-G77 MC9
- AI accelerator – MediaTek APU 3.0
- Video Playback – H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1
- Video Encoding – H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 gaming technologies
- Memory – Up to 16GB LPDDR4x @ 2133 MHz
- Storage – UFS 3.1
- Display – Up to 2560 x 1440 up to 144 Hz, 2560×1600 up to 120 Hz
Up to 32MP + 16MP, up to 108MP
Resolution up to 3840 x 2160
- Camera Features – HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-AE / AI-AF / AI-AWB / AI-NR HDR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode modem
- Technologies – 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Functions – SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Peak Speed – Download:4.7Gbps; upload: 2.5Gbps
- WiFi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
- Bluetooth 5.2, ready for Bluetooth LE Audio
- GNSS – GPS, BeiDou, Glonass, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC
- FM Radio
- Process – TSMC 6nm
While the press release only mentions tablets as the target devices for Kompanio 1300T SoC, the product page extends that to 2-in-1’s and laptops. I’d assume all Android-based, and Windows 11 is not in the card just yet.
Tablets powered by the Kompanio 1300T processor are expected to launch in Q3 2021.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.