Compulab IOT-GATE-IMX8PLUS is a new Arm Linux IoT gateway powered by NXP i.MX 8M Plus SoC with up to 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, and plenty of connectivity options with dual Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.3 LE, and 4G LTE connectivity, as well as GNNS support and RS485/RS232 interfaces.
The new IoT gateway builds upon theArm SystemReady IR certified IOT-GATE-IMX8 industrial gateway, but offers more RAM and storage, a 2.8 TOPS AI accelerator (in the NXP processor), improved connectivity, as well as a DVI-D port for video output.
Compulab IOT-GATE-IMX8PLUS specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX8M Plus Quad or Quad-lite quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 1.8 GHz with Arm Cortex-M7 real-time core @ 800 MHz, Vivante GC7000UL 3D GPU, Vivante GC520L 2D GPU, 1080p H.265/H.264 video decoder & encoder, HiFi 4 DSP, 2.3 TOPS Neural Processing Unit (NPU)
- System Memory – 1GB to 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB to 128GB eMMC flash (soldered on-board)
- Video Output – DVI-D up to 1080p60
- Networking & Wireless Connectivity
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- Optional 802.11ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3 LE via Intel WiFi 6E AX210 module and two rubber duck antennas
- Optional 4G/LTE CAT4 cellular and GPS/GLONASS GNSS via Quectel EC25 module and on-board micro-SIM card socket, plus rubber duck antenna
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Up to 3x RS485 (half-duplex) / RS232 port via isolated terminal block
- 1x CAN Bus via isolated terminal block
- Debugging – 1x Micro USB port for serial console via UART-to-USB bridge; support for NXP SDP/UUU protocol
- 4x digital inputs + 4x digital outputs (24V compliant with EN 61131-2) via isolated terminal-block connector
- Expansion connector for add-on boards with LVDS, SDIO, USB, SPI, I2C, GPIOs
- Security – Secure boot via i.MX8M Plus HAB module
- Debugging – micro USB connector for serial console via UART-to-USB bridge;
- Misc – RTC + on-board coin-cell battery; watchdog; 2x user LEDs
- Power Supply
- Unregulated 8V to 36V
- Optional PoE support
- Dimensions – 132 x 84 x 25 mm (Aluminum housing)
- Weight – 550 grams
- MTTF – > 200,000 hours
- Temperature Range
- Operating – Commercial: 0° to 60°C; industrial: -40° to 80°C
- Storage – -40° to 85°C
- Relative Humidity – 10% to 90% (operation); 5% to 95% (storage)
- Shock, vibration, dust, and humidity resistance
- Regulatory – CE, FCC
- EMC – EN 55032/5, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-3
- Safety – EN/UL/IEC 62368-1
The fanless Arm Linux IoT gateway supports DIN-rail and wall/VESA mounting, and ships with a Debian-based Linux distribution with built-in Docker support and deployment tools. Compulab also offers a Yocto Project 4.0 BSP with Linux 5.15 and u-boot bootloader for customers wanting to customize the distribution. Additionally, Microsoft Azure IoT and Node-RED IoT frameworks are supported, and OTA updates can be integrated using a pre-configured Mender layer.
Compulab IOT-GATE-IMX8PLUS IoT gateway and SBC-IOT-IMX8PLUS board are available now starting at respectively $146 and $124 for volume orders through distributors or direct sales. As usual (for Compulab), you’ll find detailed pricing information per option and volume on the product page. Further details may also be found in the announcement.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Arm Linux IoT gateway ships with up to 8GB RAM, offers dual GbE, 4G LTE, WiFi 6, BLE 5.3, GNSS connectivity”
No ZigBee? Seems like a significant omission.
No LoRa? Seems like a significant omission. 😛
Compare to pi it is damn expensive.