AAEON BOXER-8256AI is a fanless embedded box PC equipped with an NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX system-on-module, offering four HDMI input ports – two Full HD, two 4K capable -, as well as two HDMI outputs for smart healthcare equipment, digital signage, and entertainment.
The embedded computer comes with 8GB RAM and a 16GB flash provided by the NVIDIA module, supports M.2 NVMe and SATA storage, Gigabit Ethernet, plus optional WiFI, 4G, and 5G cellular connectivity through M.2 sockets.
- SoM – NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX with
- CPU – 6-core NVIDIA Carmel Armv8.2 64-bit CPU
- GPU – 384-core NVIDIA Volta GPU with 48 Tensor Cores
- AI accelerator – 2x NVDLA deep learning accelerators
- AI performance – Up to 21 TOPS at 15 Watts
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
- Storage – MicroSD Slot, M.2 NVMe SSD socket, SATA III port
- Display Interfaces – 2x HDMI 2.0 ports
- Video Inputs
- 2x HDMI 1.4 Full HD video inputs up to 1080p60
- 2x HDMI 1.4 4K video inputs up to 4Kp30
- Audio – 1x Mic-in, 1x Line-Out
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 port
- Optionaal WiFi, 4G or 5G via M.2 sockets and 2x SMA antenna holes
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports
- 1x Micro USB port to flash the OS
- DB9 connector for RS-232/422/485 (by switch) and CAN bus
- RS-232/422/485 COM pin header (BOM change required)
- M.2 M-Key 2280 (PCIe x4) socket for NVMe SSD
- M.2 B-Key 3042/3052 (PCIe x2 + USB 3.0) socket
- M.2 E-key (PCIe x1 + USB 2.0) socket
- Misc – Power ON/OFF switch; recovery button; Power LED
- Power Supply – 12-24V DC via 2-pin terminal block
- Dimensions – 180 x 136 x 67 mm
- Weight – 1.3 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: -15°C ~ 60°C with 0.5 m/s airflow; storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Humidity – 5 ~ 95% @ 40°C, non-condensing (storage)
- Anti-Vibration – 3.5 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz/ operation – eMMC
- Anti-Shock – 50G, IEC 60068-2-27, half sine, 11 ms duration – eMMC
- Certification – CE and FCC class A
The BOXER-8256AI ships with two wall mount brackets, a screw package, and a power connector. It supports NVIDIA Jetpack 4.6.2 or above, which should include the recently released Ubuntu 20.04-based Jetpack 5.0.2 SDK.
The four HDMI input ports are especially useful for real-time video analytics where the system leverages Jetson Xavier NX to run multiple AI algorithms and provide users with live video streaming analysis. Some practical applications include real-time, AI-assisted diagnostic imaging solutions and enhanced public safety.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.