Intel has just launched the Alder Lake-N processors and a duo of ACER Aspire 3 laptops are some of the first platforms to feature the Core i3-N305 octa-core processor, after the introduction of the MSI Cubi N ADL mini PC last week.
Both models are equipped with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD, but the Aspire 3 A314-36P-360X comes with a 14-inch display while the Aspire 3 A315-510P-3905 features a 15.6-inch display both at Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution.
- SoC – Intel Core i3-N305 octa-core processor @ 1.80 GHz / 3.80 GHz (Turbo) with 32EU Intel UHD graphics @ 1.25 GHz; TDP: 15W
- System Memory – 8 GB LPDDR5
- Storage – 256GB NVMe SSD
- A314-36P-360X -14-inch TN LCD display with 1920×1080 resolution, LED backlight
- A315-510P-3905 – 15.6-inch IPS LCD display with 1920×1080 resolution, LED backlight
- Audio – HD Audio, stereo speakers, microphone, 3.5mm audio jack
- Camera – 1280 x 720 front-facing camera
- Video Output – HDMI port
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0
- A315-510P-3905 only – Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port (TBC because I can’t find it on the photos)
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port
- Input Devices – TouchPad and keyboard
- Misc – Kensington lock slot, TPM
- Battery – 3-cell Li-Polymer battery
- Power Supply – 45W
- Dimensions & Weight
- A314-36P-360X – 32.7 x 21.6 x 1.9 cm | 1.4 kg
- A315-510P-3905 – 36.3 x 23.9 x 1.9 cm | 1.7 kg
The ACER Aspire 3 Alder Lake-N laptops ship with Windows 11 OS. The laptops will offer a significant boost in CPU and GPU performance compared to a laptop based on a Jasper Lake processor such as the Pentium Silver N6000 with, for instance, more than double the GPU performance in 3DMark using the Core i3-N305 processor.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.