Dusun DSGW-380, also called Dusun Pi 5, is an industrial AIoT gateway powered by the Rockchip RK3588 octa-core processor with a 6 TOPS AI accelerator and supporting a wide range of connectivity options.
The gateway comes with 8GB LPDDR4 memory, and up to 128GB eMMC flash, and operates in a wide -25 to +75°C temperature range. It supports dual gigabit Ethernet, RS232, and R485 wired connectivity and various wireless protocols including WiFi 6, Bluetooth LE, 5G, and LoRaWAN.
Dusun DSGW-380 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3588 octa-core processor with
- System Memory – 8GB RAM
- Storage – Up to 128GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – 2x HDMI ports
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- WiFi 6 module
- Bluetooth LE via EFR32BG21 microcontroller
- RG500Q 5G cellular modem with 4G LTE CAT4/CAT1 fallback and SIM card slot
- SX1302 LoRaWAN module
- Industry Protocol – BACnet; Profinet; Ethernet/IP; Modbus; OPC/UA
- Antennas for BLE, LoRa, LTE, and WiFi
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- Serial – 1x RS232, 1x RS485, 1x CAN Bus via terminal blocks
- Expansion – 2x I/Os via 3-pole terminal block
- Reset pinhole to restore factory settings
- Restart button
- Power, WiFi, BLE/LoRa, and LTE LEDs
- Power Supply
- 12V DC/4A via 2-pin connector
- PoE appears to be supported too, but no details are provided
- Dimensions – 215 x 124 x 46 mm (aluminum alloy housing)
- Temperature Range – Operating: -25°C to +75°C; storage: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity – 5 to 95%
- Certifications – FCC, CE, SRRC
The Dusun DSGW-380 also supports DIN Rail or wall mounting. On the software side, Ubuntu/Debian Linux and ROS are supported, the 6 TOPS AI accelerator is compatible with TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, and Caffe, and the SDK supports the YOLO v3 algorithm.
More details about the hardware can be found on the product specifications page, and the support page provides download links to the Debian SDK, firmware, getting started documentation, flashing tools, and third-party software such as Node-Red, Docker, BLE2MQTT, etc… Everything is oddly shared through Google Drive links… Technical support is offered through a community forum.
The Dusun DSGW-380 Rockchip RK3588 AIoT gateway has just launched and should be available now, but pricing has not been made available publicly, at least not yet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.