Linaro 15.04 has been released with Linux 4.1-rc4, Linux 3.10.79 and 3.14.42 (LSK), and Android 5.1_r3. The Ubuntu image is now based on Vivid instead of Utopic.
Android and Debian builds/images have been released for Hikey’s 96boards, Ubuntu Vivid and Android builds have been setup for Qualcomm’s Dragonboard 410c. A new platform, Socionext M8M, has also show in Linaro changelog. I could not find details about M8M, but Socionext is a “new company that designs, develops and delivers System-on-Chip products” and focuses on “imaging, networking and other dynamic technologies”. Their latest press release mentions a 4K media processor with build-in HDMI 2.0 Tx and Rx, so maybe M8M is based on that processor, but I can’t know for sure as they have several chips.
Highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 4.1-rc4-2015.05
- GATOR updated to version 5.21.1
- updated integration-linaro-vexpress64 topic by ARM LT: PCI support added – for Juno r1.
- Linaro builds of AOSP 15.05 is released – baseline updated to android-5.1_r3
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2015.05
- updated linux-linaro to ll-20150519.0 (based on 4.1-rc4)
- updated linux-linaro-stable (LSK) to 3.10.74
- update GATOR to 5.21.1
- updated ODP to v1.0.3
- Initial for ptest support to LNG images
- fixed layout differences between external binary linaro toolchains and OE sysroot
- fixed CI loop code path for external linaro binary toolchains
- Linaro Ubuntu 15.05
- migrated from Utopic based images to Vivid
- fixed transtion from upstart to systemd (introduced with Vivid)
- updated packages: LSK 3.10.79/3.14.42 and linux-linaro 4.1-rc4 kernels
- CI bring up: U-Boot upstream
- upstream U-boot is now build tested and covers all armv7/armv8 configurations (297 in total)
- build artifacts are published
- CI bring up: setup Member LCR and Reference LCR builds
- CI bring up: Socionext M8M board (DEVPLAT-364)
- 96boards: HiKey Debian and AOSP builds are released
- 96boards: setup Ubuntu Vivid build for DragonBoard 410c
- 96Boards: setup Android build for DragonBoard 410c
- CI bring up: add 3.18 branches for LSK
- migrating TCWG jenkins jobs and build slaves to ci.linaro.org
- Ubuntu baseline: Utopic to Vivid migration
- Linaro CI: added check-lava-status, LAVA job status is now added to the build job on ci.linaro.org (Jenkins)
- Linaro CI: migration of AOSP based builds from android-build.linaro.org to ci.linaro.org in progress
Visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1504/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|