Rockchip RK3036 dual core Cortex A7 processor was showcased by Rockchip at CES 2015 and said to enable $10 H.265 TV boxes, and yesterday I noticed some code made it to mainline Linux for Rockchip RK3036 Kylin board. While I have not been able to find any information about that board, or any other RK3036 boards or devices so far, I’ve been informed that RK3128 boards with 512MB RAM and 8GB storage were selling for $11.50 (75 CNY) for 1K orders, and around $15 (100 CNY) and up for samples.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3128 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.3 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB to 1GB LPDDR2/DDR3 or DDR3L
- Storage – 4 to 8 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – Ethernet, and WiFi
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 and composite RCA output
- Audio Output – HDMI, and stereo audio (RCA)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR sensor, LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
The device runs Android 4.4.2, and while there’s certainly no SDK provided with the board, it’s should possible to adapt the Android and Linux SDKs released for FirePrime board also based on Rockchip RK3128 processor.
Beside 1866 dot com that only accepts order of 5 or more pieces, you can also find RK3128 boards on Taobao for 128 RMB and up (~$20). Apart from the $85 FirePrime board, I could not find other RK3128 boards on Aliexpress, but there are some RK3128 TV boxes start at $33 shipped.