Shenzhen Xunlong Launched Orange Pi One Allwinner H3 board with Ethernet for $9.99 a couple of months ago, and the company has now started to sell Orange Pi Lite featuring a WiFi module, two full-size USB ports, an IR receiver, and an on-board microphone for $12 + shipping.
Orange Pi Lite specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 600 MHz
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3
- Storage – micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI with CEC support
- Audio Input – Built-in microphone (not part of the listed specs, but clearly on the board)
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi via Realtek WiFi module with u.FL connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Camera – CSI Interface
- Expansions – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Misc – Power button; Power and status LEDs; IR receiver (not shown in specs either)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel
- Dimensions – 69mm × 48mm
Since there’s no PCB nor chip antenna, Orange Pi Lite board will likely ship with the same external antenna used on Orange Pi Plus, and other Orange Pi boards with WiFi.
The board is said to support Android, Debian and Raspbian images available on Orange Pi Download page, but if you are going to run a Linux distribution, Armbian is currently recommend on Orange Pi boards, at least the ones based on Allwinner H3 processor. I wrote an Orange Pi One Board Quick Start Guide with Armbian in March, and also tested the image which worked reasonably well considering that’s a $10 board.
The company is also selling Orange Pi Lite kits with camera, power cable, and/or extra USB WiFi dongle (why?) for $13.50 to $17.10. Shipping is around $3.5 to the US for all four options currently available.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|