Xiaomi recently launched the Mi Box S an update to their popular Xiaomi Mi Box with pretty much the same specifications, but an improved remote control and a lower price of $59 in the US. We also saw promotions as low as $55.99 for the new model. That means there’s very little reason to buy the original Xiaomi Mi box at the normal price now, and it would make sense for companies to offer discounts to get rid off their stock.
That’s exactly what GearBest is doing by selling the Xiaomi Mi box TV Box running an official Android TV OS for $52.99 during a flash sale starting now until November 27 23:59 (Beijing Time) with allegedly no limits in quantity for this promotion.
Here’s just a quick reminder of the specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X-H quad core ARM Cortex-A53 with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2 and CEC support
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF and 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 & H.265 MP-10 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60
- Audio Codecs – DTS 2.0+ digital out, Dolby digital plus up to 7.1 pass-through
- HDR – HDR10 and HLG HDR processing
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports
- DRM – Widevine L1 + PlayReady 3.0
- Power Supply – 5.2V/2.1A
- Dimensions – 101 x 101 x 19.5 mm
- Weight – 176.5 grams
When the box launched in 2016, it came with Android TV 6.0, but the firmware has now been upgraded to Android TV 8.0. It’s quite possible the box still ships with Android TV 6.0,but you should be able to upgrade yourself with an OTA update. The box ships with a remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual in English.