Around two weeks ago, we covered Beelink GT1 Mini 2 that was one of the first TV boxes to get an Arm Cortex-A55 processor, namely the latest Amlogic S905X3 quad-core processor, and the company also shared benchmarks showing Amlogic S905X3 was only marginally faster than Amlogic S905X2 quad-core Cortex-A53 SoC. As shown in our S905X3 vs S905X2 comparison, the main improvements for the former are the presence of an NPU for AI acceleration, and support for faster DDR4 memory up to 3,200 MHz.
Upon the announcement, one person noticed the TV box was sold for $80 on GearBest with the default configuration of 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and while the price has now dropped to $73.99 on GB, Beelink GT1 Mini 2 can now be purchased found for just $69.99 on Aliexpress including worldwide shipping.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.9 GHz with Arm Mali-G31MP2 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.1
- System Memory – 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2, 3D, Auto low latency mode (ALLM) support
- 3.5mm AV jack for composite video and stereo audio
- Video Playback
- 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K @ 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- HDR – Dolby Vision optional, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, and (Technicolor) PRIME HDR processing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 77 x 77 x 17mm
- Weight – ~120 grams
The box runs Android 9.0, and ships with a voice remote control powered by two AAA batteries (not included), an HDMI cable, a power adapter for US, EU, or UK, and a user’s manual in English.