Back in June, we wrote about Marlin 2.0 firmware supporting ESP32 3D printer board, but at the time the firmware was still in RC1 (Release Candidate) phase.
I was informed Marlin 2.0 firmware had been in beta for several years now, but the good news is that Marlin 2.0.0 open-source 3D printer firmware has now been officially released.
Some of Marlin 2.0.0 new features include:
- 32-bit support with several boards including Arduino DUE (SAM3X8E), Adafruit Grand Central (SAM5D), Smoothie / SBASE / EZBoard based on NXP LPC176x, SKR Mini powered by STM32, as well as ESP32 boards
- Some improvements were made to some AVR boards including Melzi (ATmega 1280), RAMPS (ATmega 2560), and RAMBo / miniRAMBo / Einsy RAMBo boards
- PlatformIO build environments for supported boards
- VSCode “Auto Build Marlin” extension for one-click build
- Power-Loss Recovery for SD print jobs
- Magnetic Parking Extruder support
- Magnetic Switching Toolhead and Toolchanger support
- Gradient Mixing and Gradient Virtual Tools
- Automatic power supply control
- More Trinamic driver support, including TMC2208/9
- LED control menu
- EEPROM auto-init
- Lulzbot Touch UI support
- FSMC display support
- Custom thermistor formula option
- Heated Chamber support
- External closed-loop controller support
- Dual stepper axes, triple Z, multi-endstop, Z auto-align
- Dual X (IDEX) mirror mode
- And more
If you’ll find other changes and improvements, as well as the source code on Github. If somehow you have troubles with Marlin 2.0.0 firmware, you may check out the issue tracker if others may experience the same issue(s), and/or download the nightly build with fixes on MarlinFW website.
Thanks to Andreas for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|