Eurotech BoltGPU 10-31 is a rugged fanless embedded system powered by NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX module, equipped with four FAKRA connectors for GMSL camera, and designed to bring Edge AI and machine vision to rolling stock (e.g. trains) and automotive applications.
The BoltGPU 10-31 also features 16 GB of eMMC flash, NVMe SSD support, three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, WiFI 6 and Bluetooth 5.1, two USB3.1 ports, as well as isolated CAN-FD, optoisolated DIO, video out, and GNSS with optional RTK.
BoltGPU 10-31 specifications:
- System-on-Module – NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX with hexa-core NVIDIA Carmel ARM v8.2 64-bit CPU with 6MB L2 + 4MB L3 cache, 384-core NVIDIA Volt GPU with 48 Tensor Cores (up to 21 TOPS of accelerated computing), 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM, 16GB eMMC 5.1 flash
- MicroSD card socket
- Optional 512 GB NVMe SSD on M.2 Key M socket
- 256 Kbit Serial EEPROM
- Video Output – 1x Mini DisplayPort
- Camera Input – 4x GMSL (1.5Gbps to CSI-2) FAKRA connectors
- 3x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet M12 ports
- Optional Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax/ac/a/b/g/n) + BT 5.1/BLE M.2 module
- Optional Cellular Radio M.2 module plus onboard SIM slot
- GNSS – Optional BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS module with untethered dead reckoning (optional RTK GNSS).
- USB – 2x Host USB3.1 Gen.2 (Noise and Surge Protected) Type-A ports
- 1x TTL Serial Console
- 1x CAN-FD (Isolated) DB9
- 2x optoisolated digital inputs, 2x optoisolated digital outputs
- 1x M.2 Key B (USB3.1, USB2, PCIe x1)
- 1x M.2 Key E (PCIe x1, USB2.0, SDIO, I2C, I2S) used for Wi-Fi/BT
- 1x M.2 Key M (2242, 3042, 2280) with PCIe x4 used for NVMe
- Side Connector – PCIe x4 Endpoint Mode + 12V Power Input – PCIe x4 Shared with M.2 Key M
- Security – TPM 2.0, anti-tamper detection
- Misc – SuperCAP backed RTC, discrete watchdog, temperature sensor,
LEDs, Reset button
- Power Input – Wide Range 24-110VDC nom.(EN50155 Compliant); 24VDC Automotive (Regulation 10 Compliant) with Ignition sense
- Temperature Range – Operating: EN50155 OT3 (i.e. -25 to +70°C); storage: -40°C to +85 °C
- Humidity – RH 5..95% Operating Non-condensing (40°C)
- Regulatory & Safety – CE, FCC, ISED
- Vertical – EN50155, EN45545, E-Mark
- Environmental – ROHS3, REACH
- Ingress Protection – IP 40
Eurotech says the computer is suitable for rolling stock, automotive, and other heavy-duty applications. There’s no mention of operating system support but like other Jetson-based hardware, BoltGPU 10-31 should run the Ubuntu-based distribution found in NVIDIA JetPack SDK.
The computer, which the company refers to as a “subsystem”, should become available in Q4 2021. More details may be found on the product page and announcement.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.