MYiR Tech has just launched MYS-8MMX single board computer powered by NXP i.MX 8M Mini Cortex-A53/Cortex-A4 processor with 2GB RAM, 8GB eMMC flash, and designed for embedded applications in areas of consumer electronics, industrial automation, smart healthcare, security monitoring, etc… thanks to its video and graphics capabilities.
MYS-8MMX SBC specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8M Mini Quad quad-core Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.6 GHz (industrial temp.) or 1.8 GHz (commercial temp.), Arm Cortex-M4F realt-time core @ 400 MHz, Vivante 2D and 3D GPU’s, and 1080p VPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR4 (supports up to 4GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (supports up to 128GB), 32MB QSPI flash, MicroSD card slot, M.2 NVMe SSD support
- Video Output
- 40-pin FPC connector for LVDS & capacitive touchscreen interface
- 1x HDMI output up to 1080p60
- Camera I/F – 24-pin FPC connector with MIPI-CSI
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0 module (Ampak AP6256) plus SMA antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- M.2 2242 socket for NVMe SSD
- 2x 25-pin expansion headers (2.0mm pitch) with 2x USB, 2x UART, 1x ESPI, 1x I2C, SAI/I2S, PDM
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Misc – RTC, 2-pin header for RTC battery, Power, reset and user buttons, system and user LED’s
- Power Supply – +5V via 2-pin Phoenix connector
- Dimensions – 95x 69mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0 to +70°C; industrial: -40 to +85°C
The company provides support for Ubuntu 18.04 and custom Linux 5.4.x distributions via the Yocto Project 3.0. MYiR will deliver kernel and driver source code, user manual, schematics, application code samples, and documentation to customers, but does not usually make those resources public, only the list.
A complete embedded mini PC is also offered with MYS-8MMX Box including the i.MX 8M Mini SBC plus an aluminum enclosure. The company also mentions a separate heatsink and confirmed to CNX Software the case is not directly be used for cooling the processor.
MYiR MYS-8MMX i.MX 8M Mini SBC sample price starts at $99 for the commercial version of the board, while the industrial version goes for $119, and the aluminum enclosure adds $20 to the total cost. The company also offers a 7-inch LCD module with capacitive touch, and a choice of USB or MIPI CSI camera module as options. More details and links to purchase the board or mini PC can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.