BCM Advanced Research ECM-3455J is an upcoming 3.5-inch SBC designed for industrial application with 9-36V wide range DC-in support, an Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core Apollo Lake processor, up to 8GB SO-DIMM memory, and 32GB on-board eMMC flash.
The single board computer also comes with HDMI and LVDS video out, dual Gigabit Ethernet, an M.2 socket a micro SIM socket for cellular connectivity, as well as up to eight USB interfaces, and a thick and large heatspreader for fanless operation.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.5GHz / 2.3GHz (Burst Frequency) with Intel HD graphics 500; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 1x 204-pin SO-DIMM DDR3L-1600MHz socket for up to 8GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash (option: 64GB), 1x SATA III port, mSATA socket (See expansion), 64Mbit SPI flash for AMI UEFI BIOS
- Video Output
- 18/24-bit dual-channel LVDS through Chrontel CH7511B embedded DisplayPort to LVDS bridge + 1x backlight locking type header
- Audio – 3.5nmm Line-out Realtek ALC255 audio codec; 2 Watts per channel amplifier
- Networking – Dual Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via 2x Realtek RTL8111H PCIe GbE PHYs
- USB – 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, 2x internal USB 2.0 headers (4 interfaces in total)
- 1x RS-232/422/485 header with voltage selection
- 1x RS-232 header with voltage selection
- 1x M.2 Type E Key 2230 socket
- 1x full-size mini PCIe socket with mSATA support & μSIM
- 1x I²C header, 1x SPI header, 1x SMBus header
- 8-bit GPIO header
- Security – Infineon SLB9665TT-2.0 TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer; H/W Status Monitor with temperature, voltage, fan control and auto throttling control; front panel header, CMOS battery, buzzer, 4-pin chassis fan header
- Power Supply – 9-36V wide range DC-in via power barrel jack or 4-pin header
- Dimensions – 145 x 101mm (3.5-inch SBC)
- Weight – Around 200 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -20°C ~ 80°C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class B, RoHS Compliant
BCM notes that while most of the small form factor industrial motherboards with a wide range DC power design support 12V to 24V, the ECM-3455J 3.5-inch SBC supports a wider 9V to 36V DC input voltage, which makes it suitable for a wider range of embedded applications including industrial control, human-machine interface (HMI), digital signage, Point-of-Sale terminal, retail kiosk, medical and healthcare equipment, and so on.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.