We’re seeing several companies known for their Android TV boxes switch to higher-margin industrial Android/Linux mini PCs with, for instance, Zidoo M6 mini PC powered by Rockchip RK3566 processor and designed for IoT applications, digital signage, and more.
Geniatech APC820 is another industrial mini PC running either Android or Linux, on the older, yet more powerful Rockchip RK3399 SoC, and offering a different set of options including 4K or Full HD HDMI input, digital TV tuner, and/or a 4G LTE modem.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with 2x Cortex-A72 cores up to 1.8GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 up to 1.4GHz, Mali-T860 GPU with support for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenCL, and DirectX 11.1
- System Memory – 2GB or 4GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash by default (Option for 8GB to 128GB), MicroSD card slot
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- Internal LVDS connector with backlight
- Internal eDP connector
- Input – HDMI up to 1080p60 or 4Kp30 resolution (depends on selected hardware option)
- Tuner – Optional DVB-T2/T/C, ATSC1.0/3.0, or ISDB-T/DTMB tuner plus RF antenna input
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, internal speaker header for up to 2x 8Ω10W header
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFI 5
- Bluetooth 4.2/5.0 (optional)
- 2x WiFi/Bluetooth antenna connectors
- Optional GTIOT module for Z-Wave, Zigbee, LoRa, 4G LTE, GPS, WiFi/Bluetooth 5.0; MicroSIM socket on-board
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB Type-C OTG port, 2x USB 2.0 internal interfaces
- Expansion – GTIOT socket
- Misc – Watchdog & RTC, RS232 header, IR receiver, power key (or automatic power on option)
- Power Supply – 12V/2A via 5.5/2.1mm power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 136x136x35 mm
- Weight – 312 grams
- Temeprature Range – Optional -20°C to +80°C
- Certifications – CE / FCC
Geniatech provides the fairly recent Android 10 operating system for the mini PC, as well as Linux without providing details. APC820 ships with a power adapter, a remote control, and an HDMI cable by default.
It’s quite odd to have LVDS and eDP connectors inside a mini PC as they can’t be easily accessed, but Geniatech confirmed to us they are also selling the board only for companies wanting to integrate it into their own displays.
The single board computer is not sale on Geniatech’s store, but you’ll find APC820 mini PC for $179 to $259 depending on memory & storage options (2GB/16GB or 4GB/32GB), whether you need HDMI input, an ATSC tuner, and/or a 4G LTE modem. Additional information may also be available on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.