MediaTek Genio 700 is an octa-core Arm processor with two Cortex-A78 cores, six Cortex-A55 cores, a Mali-G57 GPU, and a 4 TOPS AI accelerator designed for consumer and industrial IoT applications.
The new processor is a cost-down version of the Genio 1200 premium AIoT processor introduced last year with four Cortex-A78 and four Cortex-A55 cores. The Genio 700 offers many of the same features but with lower performance/capabilities, including a 3-core GPU and an AI accelerator limited to 4.0 TOPS, as well as support for dual displays up to 4K + Full HD (instead of 2x 4K), and 32MP single cameras (instead of 48 MP).
MediaTek Genio 700 specifications:
- CPU – Octa-core processor with 2x Cortex-A78 cores @ up to 2.2 GHz, 6x Cortex-A55 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- Encoding up to 4Kp60 with H.265/HEVC
- Decoding up to 4Kp75, AV1, VP9, HEVC, H.264 codecs supported
- AI accelerator – Mediatek DLA + VP6 with INT8, INT16, FP16 support, up to 4.0 TOPS
- DSP – HiFi 4 audio DSP
- System Memory – Quad-channel LPDDR4X
- Video Output – Dual display up to 4Kp60 + 1080p60
- Camera I/F – 32MP @ 30fps camera ISP, MIPI CSI interface
- Ethernet – GbE MAC
- Wireless – Support for WiFi 6 + Bluetooth 5.2 and/or 5G modem modules
- USB – USB 3.2 Gen 1
- PCIe – PCIe 2.0
- Process – 6nm
- Industrial grade design and wide temperature range, 10 years longevity
The PCIe 3.0 interface is also gone, leaving only the PCIe 2.0 interfaces. MediaTek will provide support for Android, Yocto Linux, and Ubuntu operating systems, and the platform will get both Arm SystemReady and Arm PSA certifications.
MediaTek Genio 700 should be found in digital signage and PoS, IoT and Edge AI gateways, and Smart Home appliances once it becomes commercially available in Q2 2023. Additional information may be found on the product page and the press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.