Based on the number of comments I get daily on my review of Videostrong K1 Plus T2 S2 Android TV box, the device is rather popular thanks to its dual DVB-T2/T2C and DVB-S2/S tuner, its low price, and OpenELEC community support. However, some people are possibly affected by the mere 1GB RAM in the system, with some apps being killed during use due to lack of memory. One solution is to purchase WeTek Play 2, but at $120 it’s in a different price range, and does not offer a dual tuner solution. But Videostrong has recently launched their KII Pro DVB T2+S2 model based on K1 Plus DVB T2+S2, but with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, and 802.11ac WiFi.
KII Pro specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz, and 3.5mm AV
(composite video) jack
- Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265 up to 4K60, MPEG/VC-1/AVS+/H.265 up to 4K30
- Tuner – Combo DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 with two connectors
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6335) – Not Realtek RTL8189 as shown in Aliexpress according to VideoStrong.
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1A
- Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
- Weight – 187.50 grams
K2 Pro runs Android 5.1.1 and comes with the same DTV app installed on K1 Plus S2 T2 with channel scanning, EPG, channel recording and CCCAM/NEWCAMD support. People who require AC3 / Dolby D 5.1 in some countries will have the same issue as on K1 Plus T2 S2 because the Dolby license is still missing, and a device with Amlogic S905-H is required, unless maybe if you use OpenELEC (TBC) instead of Android.
The box is currently sold on Aliexpress for $82.69 shipped, and GeekBuying for $79.99. It’s also sold under the Acemax brand for about the same price, but it’s unclear whether the WiFi module is the same since they only mention dual band WiFi. More details may soon be available on Videostrong products page.