VideoStrong KII Pro Android Set-top Box with DVB-T2 & DVB-S2 Tuners Comes with 2GB RAM

Based on the number of comments I get daily on my review of Videostrong K1 Plus T2 S2 Android TV box, the device is rather popular thanks to its dual DVB-T2/T2C and DVB-S2/S tuner, its low price, and OpenELEC community support. However, some people are possibly affected by the mere 1GB RAM in the system, with some apps being killed during use due to lack of memory. One solution is to purchase WeTek Play 2, but at $120 it’s in a different price range, and does not offer a dual tuner solution. But Videostrong has recently launched their KII Pro DVB T2+S2 model based on K1 Plus DVB T2+S2, but with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, and 802.11ac WiFi.

K2-PRO

KII Pro specifications:

• SoC –  Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with  penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
  • System Memory – 2GB DDR3
  • Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
  • Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz, and 3.5mm AV (composite video) jack
  • Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF
  • Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265 up to 4K60, MPEG/VC-1/AVS+/H.265 up to 4K30
  • Tuner – Combo DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 with two connectors
  • Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6335) – Not Realtek RTL8189 as shown in Aliexpress according to VideoStrong.
  • USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
  • Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver
  • Power Supply –  DC 12V/1A
  • Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
  • Weight – 187.50 grams

K2 Pro runs Android 5.1.1 and comes with the same DTV app installed on K1 Plus S2 T2 with channel scanning, EPG, channel recording and CCCAM/NEWCAMD support. People who require AC3 / Dolby D 5.1 in some countries will have the same issue as on K1 Plus T2 S2 because the Dolby license is still missing, and a device with Amlogic S905-H is required, unless maybe if you use OpenELEC (TBC) instead of Android.

KII_Pro_T2_S2The box is currently sold on Aliexpress for $82.69 shipped, and GeekBuying for $79.99. It’s also sold under the Acemax brand for about the same price, but it’s unclear whether the WiFi module is the same since they only mention dual band WiFi. More details may soon be available on Videostrong products page.

Support CNX Software! Donate via cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or purchase goods on Amazon or Aliexpress

ROCK Pi 4C Plus
The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment.
newest
7 years ago

I think the “wetek” have newer cpu but missing the dual tuner.

Rogan Dawes
Rogan Dawes
7 years ago

When I was interested in broadcast TV, my theory was always to have a box like this streaming the selected channels to other viewing devices around the home. Has any serious attention been given to making such a thing? From what I have seen, you have to use their Android app to choose the channel, and watch it locally (via HDMI).

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
7 years ago

Well i dont know how this chinese companies sell dvb box without dolby as many channels on dvbt and satellite have dolby or dolby digital plus as main audio

paul
paul
7 years ago

Clicking on your link to Videostrong I did not see the KII Pro, (think their site could be organised better) but in the group ‘Hybrid TV box’ saw the ‘KB4’ which has ‘Octo-Core 64-bit Cortex-A53’ which I assume is a S912. Also has Gigabit, 2GB DDR3, and a more interesting global selection of TV tuner standards: ‘DVB:DVB T2/DVB S2/ISDB-T /ATSC /DTMB/DVBC(Optional)’. Although the photo shows an external Antenna, in typical style they forget to list which Wireless standards are supported, or even USB. Nearest I saw to your ‘KII Pro’ was the ‘KI Plus’ (in the Hybrid TV box group)… Read more »

paul
paul
7 years ago

When you do your reviews, what about testing streaming films using the new Android version of VLC Media Player ?
(As yet, I have found no good TV Box with ISDB-T, but know MS Windows version of VLC has streaming)

rebeL
rebeL
7 years ago

Did somebody know, why no Boxes with the S905D-chip are available? With real android-TV-OS Vers. 6.0 ore higher.
I have heard that SPMC (better than Kodi – thanks STAN) would give Dolby passthrough positiv result with Android >6.x.
Ore is this information not correct?

tahir saleem
tahir saleem
7 years ago

I recently got one of this KII pro working good but cannot seem to connect to cccam server it connects for few seconds then disconnects any suggestion how to get it working

saad
saad
6 years ago

Tahir Bhi wear you from please send your contact number
03007800724

paul
paul
7 years ago

@Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft) @Rogan Dawes Only reason I mentioned VLC VideoLAN was @Rogan Dawes asked if these boxes can stream the output (of the TV Tuner & other playing media) to other devices around the house. I quickly rescanned your article last October, and see the box had a miserable 1.24 MB/s WiFi, and you had probs running the October 2015 version of Android VLC. Reason I directed the post to you, was because I read quite recently of a ‘new’ VLC for Android. Perhaps the new version will perform better on TV boxes ? (as yet, I have no… Read more »

piotrasd
piotrasd
7 years ago

LibreELEC working fine with HDMI passthrough

Frank
Frank
7 years ago

And about enigma 2? The version k1+ don’t have tuner drivers.

piotrasd
piotrasd
7 years ago

There are this same tuners and drivers, so situation is this same, LibreELEC are special build with DVB drivers

And please understand, that only RAM bump .. thats it, i dont will expect more preformance

rose
rose
7 years ago

In the article it is written that the dtv application Supports oscam. Is this true? I did not see oscam Support so far.

rose
rose
7 years ago

You are right. Dtv supports cccam an newcamd but no oscam. Openelec supports all of it.

gcsuri
gcsuri
7 years ago

What kind of tuners included in this box?

piotrasd
piotrasd
7 years ago

Ferguson Ariva 4K – which have in 99% smilar hardware and using DTV app, already support oscam 😉 so maybe is possible copy this app to K1, KII

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
7 years ago

None of this boxes support OSCam as none of them have dvb-api support. Only box on market so far on Android and DVB to support dvbapi is Wetek

Envagyok75
Envagyok75
7 years ago

The K1 plus and K2 pro just have one tuner!!
It is dvb-c/t/s, but the same time just can work only one, do no dvb-t and and dvb-s tuner.
It’s dvb-t or dvb-s tuner

Envagyok75
Envagyok75

@Rodrigo
With LibreELEC work

@Envagyok75
Hi, from where can download a working image?
I like the Stock one too, but the TV function of the DTV app. is horribel 🙁 i used an Amiko Alien 2+ before, but it was miles better. CCCAM is breaking often for me also, it’s working, but sometimes it stops for 3-9sec. the S2 tuner is also not the best. I will upload some pictures from the inside of the machine also if it’s needed.

7 years ago

@Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft) Thank You i will check what i use because the updater is not finding any update 🙁 Is there any special tool (falsher ect.) ? I’m searching for a channel editor to edit my channels, favorites i found your topic for the KI Plus editor but unfortunately i don’t find that files in the system. where can i find this or how is it possible to customize it? This DTV app is made by the Videostorng team or who because i want to send him some feedback to make some changes/improvements whit it or if i have… Read more »

7 years ago

Here is a test for the receiving quality.
Amiko Aline 2+ vs. KII Pro:
There was no cloud 🙁 i hope something can improve this, if not then someone knows some hardware mod to tuning this better?

mesut
mesut
7 years ago

Can we use libreelec on k2 pro. There are few images for k1 plus but ı did not see for k2 pro

Mouad
Mouad
7 years ago

we need an img firmware to unbrick KII pro with usb burning tool.
and U_boot.bin file to creat a magic SD card.

@Mouad
If i remember good, then u can find the U_boot.bin in the stock firmware. Some comments ago you can find the link, if you don’t want to search for it then here it is:
KII Pro stock firmware -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/wtc84g0s3p2n2x2/20160715_KII_Pro.rar

Mouad
Mouad
7 years ago

That file doesn’t contain the U_Boot file. Still waiting for the IMG firmware.

7 years ago

Hi, i found an older one firm:
KII_PRO_DTV-ota-20160623.180528.V1031P3.RAR
I found some other interesting things on the 4PDA, like the TWRP firm.
TWRP a KII pro S2 T2 2GB / 16GB , így (sposibo SD-robot)
WRP Photo KII_PRO-userdebug_5.1.1_LMY47V_20160715.175

Mouad
Mouad
7 years ago

finally i have got the img file for KII pro https://mega.nz/#!8wlg0a4Q!cJswn8FXyQWXgzQRNfY1MhMc8KHszz_xFNeakgfc-FU
Thanks for ACEMAX support.

gabywap
gabywap

@weresgyufa
Szia! Szerkesztő program van hozzá de szerintem a KII is jó.

Szerintem ugyan az majdnem mint a sima KI plus ami nekem is van. Dual bootként OpenElec vagy Libreelec is menne rajta. De itt is vannak infók az S905 készülékwekről. 🙂

Mark Saker
Mark Saker

Hi,

Is it possible to record on one tuner and watch another channel with the other tuner?

7 years ago

@gabywap Hi. Jaja, tudom, közben kipróbáltam, most hogy feltettem az OTA frissítést, már aktív az exportálás/inportálás a DTV app.-ban, eddig nem ment, lövésem nincs miért… Már tudok csatorna listát szerkeszteni. A dulaBoot-tól félek, mert van már pár Tégla amiről olvastam, bár lehet ACEMAX file-jai ehhez is jók. Egyenlőre félek tőle… KODI-hoz kellene valami driver ami kezeli a tunert, vagy valami app. ami kezeli a tunert, ha nincs akkor kénytelen leszek kivárni az OpenElec / Libreelec megoldásokat. Bosszantó hogy ami ebben van DTV app az elég butácska. ———————————————— Yes, i know, i have try out this Editor after the OTA update,… Read more »

@Mark Saker
I think it’s not, because before you want to use you need to chose one in the DTV app. whit another 3rd party app. maybe but i reed this tuner is not a Dual one.

viewer
viewer

tahir saleem :

Were you able to get cccam working…same problem here too. Consensus seems to be that Videostrong supplied units don’t work on Cccam, but Acemax do. Is the Acemax software able to make the Videostrong unit work?

Mouad
Mouad
7 years ago

How to installe openelec and Libreelec in KII pro?

Mouad
Mouad

How to install libreelec in s905 amlogic box

Mohammad Rasim
Mohammad Rasim
7 years ago

If the device doesn’t have a Dolby license, how come openelec can output Dolby D 5.1 ?!

7 years ago

Libreelec , DD+ passthrough works, wifi works, dvbs tuners not work

7 years ago

I understand this unit doesn’t support AC3 /dolby. I have an amp that does (Onkyo) and all sound goes through it. All my units (Dreambox, Bluray players etc) are connected to the amplifier. Will I get AC3 and 5.1 with this setup or will all sound from K2 Pro be muted? Will feed through HDMI cable.

piotrasd
piotrasd

i have version OE/LE with sat drivers 😛 and works

mesut
mesut
7 years ago

İf you have please share with us. İs Le or oe working on k2 pro?

sirtriple
sirtriple

@piotrasd
Where we can find this working version of Openelec / Libreelec? Thanks

Latest LE7 by kszaq working on k2 pro, but the internal tuner not supported

7 years ago

61$ for shopping through the “banggood App”
Did we buy this or we expect a newer model with newer cpu in the next months?

Kiii pro dvbs2 t2 with s912 octacore amlogic coming soon by videostrong.com

with 3 GB ram

but again without ac3/dolby support?

kokovi4
kokovi4

LE with working wifi and internal tuners for K2 pro:

Perto
Perto
7 years ago

But is the K3 PRO version (with 912S and 3GB of Ram) already on th emarket or not?

7 years ago

I mention before, coming soon

Working LE with working BT.Wifi.DVB

LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.1

mesut
mesut
7 years ago

Do you test it? Wifi dvb-s2 are ok?

@mesut
I have not tested, the guys @ libreelec have tested it and they say it works.
kokovi4 was paste the topic, but here can you read the whole:

7 years ago

@mesut Here is all: I repacked installation packages to fix some install issues. SDcard versions: LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.2.img.gz https://mega.nz/#!6kViyIhD!drb1fqDhiLL0r3R78kGTP4fAx6Wr_05vas8Sxzw8BF0 LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.2.img.gz https://mega.nz/#!6gc1yRiJ!hUAm2Zhk3I6BurH6jfGDUL_S1CdlxtH_hBrJVPBzIcI Install SDcard version to internal connecting to box via ssh and submiting command: /flash/installtointernal Don’t use kszaq version of ‘installtointernal’ otherwise u brick your box. Internal flash versions: LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.2.zip https://mega.nz/#!24czCK7K!U_vejrU7JyGX8Or3mIKrXfLMnwoBxZFbV0nsKuCriaA LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.2.zip https://mega.nz/#!3gEF3ZRY!C0VD6NJF9BLsNcMSqpOuN54VnNysZFTuhc3xIQxB5l8 Unzip file to SDcard or USB stick. Install from recovery or Android update apk. (11 hours ago)qashaf Wrote: i tested dvbt2, scanning fail but dvbs2 working well. blutooth also working successful. i aware that dvbs2 signal low 10% compare to my enigma2 box. normal signal for certain transponder 80-90%,… Read more »

mesut
mesut
7 years ago

Thanks mate. Bery usefull for me

mesut
mesut
7 years ago

Thanks mate. Very usefull for me

7 years ago

qashaf say My K2pro stil with LE 7.0.2.004.1. The dvbs2 and dvbt2 are working successfully now but need to tune setting the tuner. For dvbt2, error exist many time “DVB-T #0 – poll TIMEOUT” and lastly the tuner successfully scan the channel. For dvbs2, the tuner successfully scan for certain satellite. The tuner fail to scan certain satellite, depends on TP frequencies. make sure power save selected for dvbs2 dvbt2. when the satellite channel turn on, to choose terrestrial T2 channel make sure stop (STOP button on RC) the satellite channel first before turn on T2 channel. 2016-10-08 07:43:44.484 subscription:… Read more »

Perto
Perto

@bird
Ok, but where? ebay? Amazon? and what does it mean “soon”?

7 years ago

I bought this box from Aliexpress and it had AC3 / DTS support! Read my quick feedback here:

Can’t answer for other K2 Pro boxes from other sellers but this seller said it supports AC3 / DTS and it did.

@Perto
Normally, at alibaba.com and aliexpress.com

Perto
Perto

@bird
Not available yet.

7 years ago

@Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft) I made a small video showing AC3 on DTV. When I first unpacked the box I had no talk in DTV with AC3 (it use to come from center speaker as you probably know) but only surround effects. After trying different settings I got sound in all speakers. Sound quality is good but I feel the sound may not be 100% in sync with the picture. It isn’t as bad as it looks from the video I made (it was made with Canon EOS 600 camera which is great for photographs but not as good with video).… Read more »

Tristan
Tristan

Hello.

Can this play MKV files with DTS and Dolby Audio?

@Tristan
The unit supports Video HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265/HEVC , HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10 and playes files AVI/RM/RMVB/TS/VOB/MKV/MOV/ISO/WMV/ASF/FLV/DAT/MPG/MPEG. Audio supported MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE according to technical specifications where I bougt the unit (see post 70) . But your question – MKV with DTS and Dolby Audio, yes, I experienced it last weekend. 🙂

Tristan
Tristan

@Jonas
Thank you @Jonas!

kojirole
kojirole
7 years ago

Is there any chance KII PRO update firmware to android 6 Marshmallow?

7 years ago

I have now tested DVB-S function of this receiver. AC3 / Dolby digital is supported in DVB-S aswell (in my box, not sure how others are). Since it is a 4K / UHD box I tried scan some 4K / UHD channels and I could watch these! I really didn’t expect this, it was nice bonus. I tried scan the channels with my Dreambox 800 HD too but got only audio then. I don’t have 4K / UHD tv, could only see the video downscaled to 1080p and it was blu-ray quality (normally satellite HD is not as good as… Read more »

I am a little confused.
The box from Ali express it can play ac3/dolby digital but the same brand/box from other shop like banggood it can’t or we are not surem

kojirole
kojirole
7 years ago

Hope tangberg and power Vu will supported on next firmware version of KII pro

Jacques
Jacques
7 years ago

Hello, is there zoom function on remote control ?

Here youcan find the Channel list editor: Version 0.6.3.0
It’s for K1, but it works with the K2 list too.

7 years ago

it just arrived the kii pro.
I didn’t expecting to be so good.
The channel is changing fast enough.

7 years ago

I noticed high temperature 82c while I watching Dtv t2.
it is funny, I have and the mecool bb2.
Both boxes have the same interface.
Both boxes the same temperature.

Again 62$ (vip only price) from banggood.

Maybe the kiii pro is close?
what about the price range for the kiii when it reach the markets?

Perto
Perto
7 years ago

Any news about the KIII PRO DVB?

nik
nik
7 years ago

Has anyone tried Diseqc 1.1? with more than 4 LNB?

What about some problems that have been mentioned regarding low signal quality and constant freeze of viewing? How does it compare (as a tuner) with a dedicated Sat Receiver Box in terms of sensitivity and lock down the signal?

Is is a better choice instead of the previous K1 Plus? Do the 2G Ram offer any true advantage? In terms of glitch-free viewing or high tempereture and stuff like that?

Should we wait for the upcoming K3 pro? I care only for the Satellite part of the box.

Sam
Sam
Danil
Danil
7 years ago

Hi guys, I need a firmware KII Pro DVB-S2 (not combo)
please tell me where to find

7 years ago

@nik I tried diseqc 1.1 and I had no problems with my K2 Pro box. I have 16 LNB in my setup. I could watch satellite feeds at 10 degrees east without problems. No freezings here in my tuner. I had AC3 audio and it tuned in 4K channels aswell. Biss, Cccam and blind scan was nice bonus. Only thing I miss is support for 4:2:2 channels (mostly used in professional satellite feeds) and a better remote control. ‘Anotherone’ mentioned high temperature – I don’t know how he measured (with or without case?). 82 C does sound much. If I… Read more »

7 years ago

80c it is easy for my kii box to have even in 720 kodi movie.
I measured with the case and “cpu temp” or a similar program, I do not remember exactly because I do not have now the box.
I am expecting a second box in 7-10 days so I will tried again.

From your words only 4:2:2 is missing for “feedhunters”

For me is a great option to buy today in 62$ from banggood.

nik
nik

@Jonas

Thank you Jonas. Your post was very insighting and helpful. I am ready to order it.
From your answer I understand that you are familiar with Sat Feeds, emulation and stuff.
Is there any site or a link for extra information for the specific product or any similar to this?
I was out of Sat scene for a couple of years and I am left behind, in order of knowing the “key factors” sites

Balanga
Balanga
7 years ago

I would buy one of these units if it supported 1000Mb LAN.
The existing 100Mb supported seems really dated especially since I have optical fibre access at speeds of 300Mb.

Kulich
Kulich

@anotherone
Is this $62 for KII Pro price for VIP users only? I can see price $81 on banggood now 🙁 How can I get VIP price?

7 years ago

I do not know how you get vip prices.

Omer
Omer

Hi folks
Here is the latest firmware

@Omer
I have uploaded it, but i don’t found nothing special inside.

7 years ago

Can we do this update through Ota ?

Omer
Omer

@weresgyufa
Me to 😀
Except android app RemoteIME mouse control tab restarting…

Omer
Omer

@anotherone
Yes you can

Are you sure?
it does not offer update through Ota yesterday I tried.

Balanga
Balanga
7 years ago

Is there an alternative channel editor for the Android DTV app?

Balanga
Balanga
7 years ago

Thanks I will take a look…. Wondered if it’s possible to set up a share on the Android box and mount and edit the required files on my Windows laptop.

Balanga
Balanga

Balanga :
I would buy one of these units if it supported 1000Mb LAN.

Just wondered if anyone had come across a DVB-S2 TV box supporting Gigabit LAN….

7 years ago

@nik Regarding tuner sensitivity I have made some more observations. I tried watch Manny Paquiao boxing sunday morning, satellite feed at 10 E satellite. Tuner received it nicely and accepted the biss key I had found on the net. I have a technomate receiver aswell and it couldn’t tune in the frequency properly. It found the channel but was too glitchy to watch, seemed it had identified the channel as 16psk when it in fact was 8psk. But on K2 box perfect. I seem to have lost AC3 / DTS in kodi when watching mkv files. I have dropouts in… Read more »

@anotherone
Because it will never offer anithing 🙁 that updater app can only used by offline update. Copy the downloaded file to USB or SD, put in, start the updater app select the destination folder and update… device will reboot in recovery and start the update. That’s it.

7 years ago

I am looking in videostrong and I can not find the update.
Where did you find this update?

me
me

why can’t post here

7 years ago

Is there any working solution to get work the internal tuners under KODI?
I ask this, because under LE (LibreElec) is there a solution for this:
service.tvheadend42-7.0.107 – https://mega.nz/#!6t8WCZSa!enEIF-YRUsFZRuxHrjJXhoEHamOmx1B7H7S7EihslRA
So if i go on this point of view, i think it’s not an impossible job to bring it alive under OEM firmware.

Kanjo
Kanjo
7 years ago

Can anyone help me with inputting cccam data on this box, when I try and load CFG file I get unsupported format every time, and when I try enter details manually Im sure sure which boxs should be used to place the line eg Lable : protocol @ server address ect

mhd
mhd
7 years ago

why can’t i record and watch another channel on same frequency

Sgt Pepper
Sgt Pepper
7 years ago

Hello, I tried tvheadend42 under LE boot, but scan channels doesn’t run. Nothing happens, no error message.

@algdu83
It works fine 🙂 i use this one, Kodi is faster and the whole system response is quicker.
Great job of Malaysk

Philippe Capillon
Philippe Capillon

Hi,

Regarding the start-up time, is there a standby mode (with wake-up from remote control)? what is the wake-up delay from standby to dvb-t2 tv operational?
how responsive is the swap between channels?

Thanks for your help,
Philippe

Sgt Pepper
Sgt Pepper
7 years ago

Salut Philippe, as tu essayé de faire fonctionner la télé sous Kodi ?

Hi.
Malaysk Custom firmware for KII Pro DVB-S2/T2 Version 2.1 of 11/22/2016

Hi,
Malaysk has just updated his Custom firmware for KII Pro DVB-S2/T2 to Version 2.2 of 11/22/2016
Its on base of the new VideoStrong rom from 22. November 2016 (solving sound problem in RGB mode)

@algdu83
Hi, can we use somehow the videostrong Driver under android in KODI somehow?

Hi,
Malaysk has just again updated his Custom firmware for KII Pro DVB-S2/T2 to Version 2.4 of 11/25/2016
With a lot of improvements.

Nacita TV
Nacita TV

Finally I Can Open PowerVu Channel Native on KII Pro

Nacita TV
Nacita TV
TollMan76
TollMan76
7 years ago

Hi, I have installed Malysk 2.4 version to my KII Pro, but still no DTS/DTS-HD/Dolby-TrueHD support on HDMI. It send stereo PCM signal to receiver. Only AC3 is working good. Anyone had similar experience?

7 years ago

is it good choice to buy the 5.1 logitech speakers with digital and dts decoder?
I do not have more money to spend this period than 220€ (amazon uk)
I have the kii pro and one box with s912.
if I connect the speakers with one of the boxes what it will happen when I try to play a movie from kodi or some other player and the movie have newer Dolby versions like Atmos ets?

Petr
Petr

Hello,
does anyone tested to connect an external HDD with EXT3/4 partition? Android mobiles are based on a Lunux, so possibly this is a way how to solve a FAT32/NTFS bug.

Unfortunatelly, I have not external HDD yet, so I cannot do tests alone. 🙂

eliasf
eliasf

raky
raky
7 years ago

hi, i just got my K2 few days ago…and it doesn’t find any DVB-T programs here in Norway (DVB-t Mpeg4).
is there someone who had same problem that have solution for it?

natsu
natsu

@raky
try to use LibreELEC rom, it works just fine with TVHEADEND

kanapot
kanapot

fifa15 ut not work !!!!!

7 years ago

Please answer me a general question because I want to buy in an offer.
Does kodi or other players do downmix from true-hd, atmos ets to simple 5.1 channels so I can have surround sound to all my 5.1 speaker system with dts/digital decoder only?

hello
I have one key for dgea that works for many channels.
How I add it ?
I found the biss etc settings but I do mot understand how I add it because it needs except the key, frequency and ssid.
Do I need to do it for all frequencies, and what is ssid

@anotherone
SSID is usually 0001 for satellite feeds… try it along with the frequency. You need to tie every key to respective frequency.

I myself got fed up with my K2 Pro box, re-installed WDTV box again. The K2 is good for digital tv mostly but very buggy when playing media files (mkv movies), often sound problems. Maybe I should try install alternative software. If anyone knows a good one let me know, must be English thx.

messert
messert

ZHi everyone.
How I can fully backup my k2 and restore on another k2 pro? I tried backup function but not shccesscull. İs there a alfernative way?z

@messert
as always – you can backup and restore your apps and data with Titanium Backup. For backup and restore your Kodi installation you can use Kodi backup ad on.

Audi
Audi
7 years ago

How to open chanel codec 4.2.2 in KII PRO?? I want to search INTERNET PROTOCOL KII PRO and streaming on vlc android. But not found

jack
jack
7 years ago

Is it possible to disable DVB-S2 tuner in K2-Pro box? I want to run DVB-T2 tuner by default after pressing DTV button on remote control. I do not use DVB-S2 tuner so choose DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 is not needed for me. Let me know if there is e.g. configuration file/jumper on PCB to disable DVB-S2 option.

@jack
If you take the custom firmware from Malaysk there is a feature:
Separate selection of firmware run – TV launcher, launcher Staff, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, DVB-S2 / DVB-T2. The first time you ask that run by default.
Have a look here:

piotrasd
piotrasd
7 years ago

@jack i dont think so, there is one demuxer resposible for DVB-S2 and T2, if you disable you loose both

liwil
liwil
7 years ago

Who has 4pda.ru account? Please help download the file. DTVLauncher_PV_20161207.apk (2.16 MB) th_dtv_PV_20161207.apk (3,1 MB) DTVLauncher_PV_20161207_T2.apk (2.16 MB) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=730111&st=3880#entry56049144 ————-ru to english—————- We continue to indulge in: sveta: reverse engineering: – Pressing DTV button on the remote control will automatically start viewing S2 (without dialogue S2 / T2 selection) (DTVLauncher_PV_20161207.apk) – Pressing DTV button on the remote control will automatically start viewing T2 (without dialogue S2 / T2 selection) (DTVLauncher_PV_20161207_T2.apk) – A modified version of the stock apps. Add to aspects of setting another Pan & Scan mode. And, “repaired” the very aspect;) (Th_dtv_PV_20161207.apk) Unsubscribe on the results, pliz. :… Read more »

liwil
liwil

@vvv
Thank you very much!

liwil
liwil

@vvv
Add modified version!
Please re-upload, thanks

(th_dtv_PV_20161207.apk) + added two more points in the timing infobannera timeout (1 s and 2 s) at the request of esegan

liwil
liwil

@vvv
Can you help me registered 4pda.ru account?

Username: liwil
Password: liwil123
Email: [email protected]

thank you very much!

Hasan
Hasan

@Jonas
Hi jonas,
I have a diseqc cascade switching. from reciever to diseqc 1.1 switch after that diseqc 1.0 switch than LNB.

with dreambox I can configure in advanced options. do you know if I can do here the same?

better DVB application with better configuration options would be a grate to have

Mensur
Mensur

How to set up motor setting with usals on k2 pro
Is it possible to move the dish manually via remote and find satellites that way?

There is a new Version of the Malaysk-Customfirmware:
Version 2.8 of 12/18/2016
+ Fixed problem with Google Play authorization
+ Added a choice of aspect Pan&Scan and Combo (Thanks _sm0ke_)
+ Added a choice of visiting infobar 1-2-3-5-7-10-15-20 seconds.
+ Fixed launcher NewLauncher
+ By correcting the little things.
Download Version 2.8:

7 years ago

NEW-KIII-Pro-S912-Combo Processor: Amlogic S912, 1.5 GHz (up to 2.0 GHz), 8 cores, A53. GPU: Mali T820MP3 (3 core) to 750 MHz. Memory: 3GB of RAM DDR3 Flash: eMMC 16 gigabytes MicroSD: up to 32GB. USB 2.0: 4 OS: Android 6.0 Tuner: Optional DVB-T2 / DVB-S2 / DVB-C. Hybrid tuners combine the two standards. HDD / flash: external USB 2.0, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, EXT3 / 4th LAN: 1000/100 Mbit HDMI: 1x 2.0a (4K 60 hz) Support: H. 265 / HEVC. EPG supports HbbTV: no. Must install applications for Android For DVB-S2 missing CI / CA slot for the decoder cards. Channels… Read more »

minimum order 20 pieces

miro350
miro350

@bird
haha, it is real chinese joke, buddy :-))

7 years ago

@Kanjo Hi, same problem. Did you find a fix?

Balanga
Balanga
7 years ago

eliasf : Videostrong seem to have a new model in plan, the kiii pro with the s912 and 3GB ram. Can’t find it at a retailer anywhere though, only some vague references for it on wholesale at alibaba. Do you think it’s worth to wait for it to become available and get that one instead or will the s905 vs s912 and 2 vs 3 GB ram not make any significant difference? http://www.videostrong.com/productshow.asp?id=924&sid=248 At last, a DVB-S2 box which supports Gigabit LAN!! I have been looking for something like this for six months. Now I know what I’m looking for,… Read more »

Afshini
Afshini

Hello
in dtvLauncher of malaysk the icon of DVB-S2 is instead of the DVB-T2 icon.
for this reason, operation of dtv is reversed
Sorry for my bad English

Mohammad Rasim
Mohammad Rasim
7 years ago

KIII PRO is available now on alibaba …..when do you think it will be available for single order?

arprip

OMG, from the url,
they provide CCCAM account services with selling discount price.

we now also provide CCCAM account services,
and if you need, Please kindly check with us,
and bundle selling with discount prices.
To know more on our ccam account,
you can click Cam Cline( For Italy customers mainly)
or Eurobest ( UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, etc )

mhd
mhd
7 years ago

previous version is better, no resolution in this firmware except 1080/60Hz and 720/60hz

7 years ago

There is a new version of the channel editor:
version 0.6.5.0
[+] Added support for T2 (until a minimum volume – rename, move, delete, and favorites);
[+] Added languages;
[*] Bug fixes.

7 years ago

Hi. I would like to ask, have someone of us a working SD version of LE, what can handle the S2-tuner with CCCAM, i would like to try this one but i use nor Malaysk ROM and for me it is ok, i just want to have a beter TV experience, because the DTV is not the best 🙁

Natalor
Natalor
7 years ago

Can I use this tvbox with a computer monitor (with hdmi port) to watch the tv on the monitor?

@Natalor
Yes why not, you connect it into HDMI and that’s all.

@Natalor
But you need to have a monitor with speakers or you have to connect a headphone (or other sound device) to the box.