Unsurprisingly we don’t read much about new Rockchip RK3368 products four years later. But Rockchip appears to have launched a RK3368 “refresh” with RK3368PRO processor equipped with most of the same features, plus the addition of a USB 3.0 interface, and HDR support. The company also updated software support to Android 9.0 Pie.
We don’t actually have much information about the processor as we learned about it via a listing on Aliexpress for HK1 MAX PLUS TV box with the following (preliminary) specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3368PRO Octa-Core Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1.5 GHz with Imagination PowerVR G6110 GPU
- System Memory – 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB flash; MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR support (HDR10 and HLG modes)
- Video – 4K 60 fps H.265, VP9; 4K 30 fps H.264
- Audio – Optical S/PDIF, HDMI output
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power LED, front panel LCD dsisplay
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – TBD
I’ll let you find out what a “brush button” is since I have no idea. It just looks like a typical 3.5mm AV port with composite video and stereo audio, but the specs specifically indicate there’s no such AV port. Sometimes they include the recovery button in such opening, so maybe that’s the case here.
The box runs Android 9.0, and ships with an IR Remote control, a power supply, an HDMI cable, and a user manual by default. There are also optional accessories such as T1 voice remote for Google Assistant, and that happens to have shortcuts for Netflix, YouTube, and Google Play as shown below.
Price starts at $42.69 including shipping for the model with 4GB RAM, and 32GB flash, but the 64GB version is not much more at $45.73. T1 voice remote adds about $9 to the total price.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|