Around 10 years ago, I decided it might be a good idea to have an online presence. At the time, I just thought I would write from time to time, and I had no idea it would eventually become my main activity. My very first post was on February 14, 2010 about software development tools such as CVS and Bugzilla. That means today is the 10th anniversary of CNX Software website!
So I thought it might be fun to look at the most popular posts of the last ten years. I only installed Google Analytics sometimes in 2011, but it should not affect the results since I did not have many readers at the time, and the post that really started to bring more visitors, and made me switch from a $1 monthly hosting plan to a VPS, was “74 USD AllWinner A10 Android 4.0 Mini PC” published in May 2012.
- Intel Atom Z3735F vs Atom x5-Z8300 Benchmarks Comparison (August 2015) – People pondered whether to upgrade their Bay Trail powered mini PC or tablet to Cherry Trail-based hardware, and come here to check out benchmarks.
- Amlogic S905 vs Amlogic S912 Benchmarks Comparison (September 2016) – Processor comparisons may indeed bring some traffic, and this post is the same as above, except it was for TV boxes based on Amlogic S905 vs S912.
- How to Upgrade Firmware in Amlogic S802 Devices (April 2014) – Android TV boxes were first launched in 2012, and in the first few years, there was no such thing as proper OTA firmware updates, so people had to upgrade their firmware manually by either copying files to a MicroSD card, and even less user-friendly installing USB Burning tool in a Windows machine. This post explains how to do just that.
- How To Use Putty with an SSH Private Key Generated by OpenSSH (July 2012) – Short tutorial explaining how to use a Linux SSH key with Putty in Windows.
- Getting Started with NodeMCU Board Powered by ESP8266 WiSoC (October 2015) – Tutorial showing how to use ESP8266 powered NodeMCU board with Lua language
- WM8850-MID Tablet Firmware Files and Root Instructions (November 2012) – I purchased a tablet based on WonderMedia WM8850 Cortex-A9 processor in 2012, and I explained how to flash the firmware and root the device.
- MXQ S85 Android TV Box (Amlogic S805) Review (October 2014) – I received lots of TV boxes from China between 2013 and 2017, until the government decided that TV box imports should be regulated. So a lot of my traffic came from TV box reviews at the time, including my review about MXQ S85 TV box.
- DriverAssistant – Simplified Method to Install Rockchip USB Drivers in Windows XP/7/8/10 (November 2013) – Another Windows tutorial, this time explaining how to install the drivers needed to upgrade the firmware in Rockchip TV boxes.
- GPUs Comparison: ARM Mali vs Vivante GCxxx vs PowerVR SGX vs Nvidia Geforce ULP (January 2013) – There are many embedded GPU designed for Arm SoC, and I attempted to compare the features and performance of some of the most popular GPU at the time.
- Review of M8 Android Kitkat TV Box Powered by Amlogic S802 SoC (April 2014) – The top post of the last ten year is TV box review from a device based on Amlogic S802. I wonder if it got popular because M8 was also the model name of an HTC smartphone.
All the most popular posts were written between 2012 and 2016, and for some reason, none of the more recent posts come close. Most of the posts above have very little traffic now, and traffic is spread out over a large number of posts. Reviews don’t seem to bring as much traffic as in the post based on the top ten posts of 2019, possibly because Google now brings YouTube reviews at the top of web searches.
Anyway, it’s been a fun 10 years, and I hope to continue for many more years. Thanks to everyone who visited the site, especially regular readers and commenters!
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|