Last year, Congatec introduced SMARC 2.0 compliant systems-on-modules based on NXP i.MX 8, i.MX 8M Mini and i.MX 8M Nano processors, together with Conga-SEVAL carrier board designed for evaluation and early software development, but is not suitable for deployment in the field.
The company has now unveiled a standard 3.5″ carrier board – conga-SMC1 – that takes any of the company’s i.MX8 SMAC modules, in order to help their customers bring products faster to market thanks to a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) board.
Congatec conga-SMC1/SMARC-ARM carrier board features and specifications:
- Supported SoM – conga-SMX8 (i.MX8), conga-SMX8-Mini (i.MX 8M Mini), or conga-SMX8-Nano (i.MX 8M Nano). Future SMARC 2.0 Arm-based modules should also be supported
- Storage – 1x SATA III (support of SATADOM VCC PIN 7 and PIN 8), 1x SATA power (+5V, +12V), MicroSD card socket, M.2 NVMe SSD support
- Display Interface
- 1x LVDS 18/24bit single/dual channel LVDS
- 2x optional eDP/DSI (dependent on processor platform)
- 1x LCD backlight (5V and 12V)
- 1x HDMI
- 1x DP++ (DisplayPort++)
- Camera I/F – 2x MIPI-CSI
- Audio – 1x DMIC and analog front panel audio output, 4-pin audio jack with I2S audio via WM8904 codec
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- Optional WiFi, Bluetooth, and 3G/4G via M.2 and mPCIe sockets
- 1x Micro SIM (muxed between M.2 Type B and mini PCIe)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port, 2x USB 3.0/3.1 ports
- 2x RS 232/422/485 (COM 0 and COM 2 with handshake)
- 2x RS232 (COM 1 and COM3 TX/RX only)
- 2x CAN
- 1x mPCIe full/half-size (support for PCIe Gen3 and USB 2.0)
- 1x M.2 Type E 2230 (I2S, PCIe Gen3, USB 2.0)
- 1x M.2 Type B 2242/2280 (2x PCIe Gen 3, USB 2.0)
- 1x GPIO connector (up to 8 GPIO)
- 1x SPI/eSPI header, 1x I2C header
- Misc – Feature connector (Batlow, Charging, GbESDP, WD), LEDs (Power, Reset, Sleep, LID, Power LED, SATA LED), power button, 4-pin 12V FAN connector, RTC backup via CR2032 battery
- Power Supply – 12-24V via external DC-In or internal DC-IN
- Dimensions – 146 x 102 mm (around 5.75″ x 4.02″)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C … +60°C; storage: -20°C … +70°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10% -90% R. H. non cond; storage: 5% -95% R. H. non cond.
The company provides both a Linux BSP based on Yocto Project and an Android BSP for its modules. There are several potential applications for the board, but Congatec highlights “situational awareness in autonomous vehicles” and other smart vision systems thanks to the two MIPI CSI 2.0 connectors that enable 3D vision.
Congatec did not provide any availability nor pricing information about conga-SMC1 SMARC 2.0 carrier board. You may find further information on the press release and product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.